- May 19, 2006
- Reaction score
Original recipe yield:
PREP TIME 35 Min0
COOK TIME 8 Min
READY IN 43 Min
- 4 cups cornflakes cereal
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 (8 ounce) package mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Lightly grease a medium baking pan lined with foil.
- In a large, shallow bowl, crush the corn cereal to 1 cup. Mix together the corn cereal, oregano and garlic salt.
- Place the flour in a small bowl.
- In another small bowl, thoroughly beat the egg whites and water.
- Cut the mozzarella cheese into 12 sticks approximately 2 3/4 inches in length. Dip the cheese sticks in the flour, then the egg mixture, then the cereal mixture. Repeat dipping in the egg and cereal mixture to ensure a complete coating. Arrange cheese sticks on the baking pan. Allow the sticks to set for 30 minutes.
- Bake in the preheated oven about 8 minutes until cheese is soft and sticks are lightly browned.