Baked Citrus-Herb Salmon

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Baked Citrus-Herb Salmon <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0 xmlns:fo="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format"><TBODY><TR><TD>
clear.gif
</TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2>From Cooking Light</TD></TR><TR><TD>
clear.gif
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
clear.gif

Ask your fishmonger to remove the pin bones from the salmon. This dish is delicious served hot or at room temperature. It will feed a crowd, and you can toss the leftovers with pasta or salad.

clear.gif

Cooking spray

1 (3 1/2-pound) salmon fillet

1 teaspoon sea salt

1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

2 tablespoons grated lemon rind

1 tablespoon grated orange rind

10 fresh chives

4 thyme sprigs

4 oregano sprigs

4 tarragon sprigs

10 (1/8-inch-thick) slices lemon (about 1 lemon)

Preheat oven to 450°.

Line a shallow roasting pan with foil; coat foil with cooking spray.

Sprinkle salmon with salt and pepper. Combine rinds; spread over fish. Arrange chives, thyme, oregano, and tarragon horizontally across fish. Arrange lemon slices on top of herbs.

Place fish on prepared pan. Cover with foil; seal. Bake at 450° for 30 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Serve warm or at room temperature.

Oh that sounds delicious Harleymom. I just printed that off & i'm gonna make it next week sometime! Thanks
smile.gif

that sounds sooo good. i love salmon. too bad im landlocked and seafood costs and arm and a leg. when i was visiting a friend in MA, i had salmon for 6 meals in a row. lol. it was so cheap.

Hi Laura and Halo, Laura I hope the recipe turns out great for you, I love salmon, especially when its been flavored with some kind of citrus like this recipe. I like to marinade it too and then cook it in my fish basket on the grill, good stuff and sooooooo good for you. Halo, I hope you get a chance to try the recipe sometime, I've lived in Florida all my life so we can usually find good deals on fish, especially shellfish, salmon can be a little pricey here too but the grocery store I shop at has a good sale on it quite often, since it's usually just hubby and me that I cook fish for (my daughter turns her nose up at it) I only need enough to feed the 2 of us. I know what it's like to live some place where seafood and such is hard to get though, I lived for a while in the north woods of Minnisota years ago and there wasn't a shrimp or catfish in sight
icon_lol.gif
. They had good lake fish but for a southern girl it took a while to get used to not having the good eating I was used to, nothing like catfish, hushpuppies and grits, talk about homesick.

Oh, i LOVE shellfish. Prawns, Crab, Mussels.. MMm!! I couldn't touch an oyster though
smile.gif

Originally Posted by haloinrverse im adding this one to this weeks menu, too. i dont care how much the salmon costs! Same here LOL....I went to the store today and picked up a couple pounds, on sale for $5.99 a pd. I tried a recipe out of the Sout Beach Diet book that was really good, a lemon sauce made with fat free sour cream, I was not real sure about it at first but gave it a try anyways, it turned out really good, my daughter even liked it.

Latest posts

Back