Banana Muffins

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ok another one…. I tweaked this too as the dough was way too stiff originally. These are really yummy and the recipe makes 12 (which didn't last long in my house!!) It's in cups as that's how the original recipe was and I haven't gotten around to weighing it to convert it yet!

You need:

3 ripe bananas (over-ripe ones work well for this if you have some lying around but it doesn't matter too much)

1/4 cup sunflower oil (or other light oil)

1 cup light muscovado sugar (any sugar will do, I just like the treacly sweetness of muscavado or 2/3 cup of fructose if you're feeling viruous)

2 cups plain white flour

1 tsp. salt

1 tsp. baking soda

1 cup chopped walnuts (optional – I usually leave these out but they are a nice addition)

½ cup soy milk (I avoid cow's milk but use it if you prefer, or you can just use water).

You can do this all in a processor but the best muffins are the ones that are not over-mixed!! Plus I like the bananas to have a bit of texture and not be pureed.

Mash the bananas with a fork and add the oil, sugar and soy milk, mix well.

Sift together the flour, salt and baking soda and add to the banana mixture. Add walnuts if using. Mix until just combined – do not beat.

It should be a thick blobby mixture – haha sorry that is a gross explanation. Not runny and not firm like dough – but a happy medium!! You might need a bit more soy milk to get the right consistency - every bag of flour is different!

Spoon into muffin tins and bake in a moderate over (180°C / 350°F / Gas 4). Every oven differs so it's hard to say exactly how long they will need but it will be in the region of 15-25 minutes - until a cocktail stick comes out clean!

Oh and if you used fructose instead of sugar, you will need to turn the oven down about 20° © and cook for a few minutes longer or the fructose will burn.

Sounds delish! Thanks for posting
biggrin.gif

Latest posts

Back