Bare Mineral Mess

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is what I do. It's a great idea and way less messy!

Originally Posted by Thais I agree. I used to make a big mess initially but now I learned the amount I need so the powder just gets into the bristles.
Something else that you can do is, instead of tapping the side of the brush handle on the lid to make the excess powder "fly away", you could tap the very bottom of the brush handle on the table to make the powder get tucked into the bristles instead of flying... Hope you can understand the description.
smile.gif

I had that problem when I first started using BE but after realizing that all I needed was a little bit... My swirl, tap and buff technique has greatly improved and no more mess.

I also use a small bowl, or rather a saucer. I tap the amount I need into the raised portion of the saucer (where the cup would sit) and swirl there. This way I can also mix different things together if I need to. I make my own liquid concealer this way, using a bit of liquid primer and a mineral concealer.

I have also found the using a flocked sponge cuts down on the mess hugely. I use a sponge when I feel that I need more coverage. I have never used BE, but all of the tips that everyone is giving can apply to any brand of MMU.

Janet

Back