Beautiful Makeup Ideas from 'Black' models!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Annia /img/forum/go_quote.gif Who's the lady in the second picture? I don't know what her name is, but I have been seeing her a lot in pictures of fashion show runway still shots and backstage as well. I think she gets a lot of work in Europe especially, she seems to be in all their popular magazine editorial spreads.

Originally Posted by Nox /img/forum/go_quote.gif I don't know what her name is, but I have been seeing her a lot in pictures of fashion show runway still shots and backstage as well. I think she gets a lot of work in Europe especially, she seems to be in all their popular magazine editorial spreads. Thanks for the reply. I think she's very gorgeous
smile.gif

Wow... can I be Alek Wek when I grow up?! O.O

(... My avatar is actually a photo of me, so... you can tell this is a pointless wish! However... WOW.)

^ Imaginatrix... why aren't you modeling????

Look at that strong face of yours. It's very modely material all because of your good bone structure. I don't know what your height is, but a unique look like that could have high potential in the high fashion/haute couture business... very very rare.

Aw, thank you, Nox!
smile.gif

I'm only 5'3" and a mesomorph to match (aka, I have hips and boobs and thighs and a butt, and I DO actually EAT.)

I haven't ever considered it because I haven't seen people who look like, well, ME in modelling campaigns too often - I mean, just ordinary people.
frown.gif

The top picture is absolutely gorgeous everything about it, the model the make up, the colours, WOW!

Claire xx

Okay, here is Volume II of "Beautiful Makeup Ideas from 'Black' Models. All of these lovely ladies were previous contestants on "America's Next Top Model".

BRE

brevu2.jpg

She doesn't have a whole lot of other makeup going on, but the nude lips are perfect. On black skin, depending on the tone, it can be hard to create a very good nude palette without looking like you just slapped on some plain brown lipstick that wasn't designed to be a nude... you can just kinda... tell. It looks soft and moist without the tell-tale satiny sheen that regular matte lipsticks have. It also looks a little bit more sleek than a simple re-purposed 'concealor' + 'sealer gloss' duo. I think it was an actual lip veneer... I'm just still not sure what they used..... hmm.

KEENYAH

keenyah800flowerscroppewh5.jpg

This girl cannot get anymore gorgeous. This covershot was one of my favorites back then, and it still ranks in my Top 5 even up to today. I like how they didn't spare the eyes nor the lips for color, but they didn't go totally "Harlequin" on the face either. She has a beautiful smile with perfect teeth, so it was only right that they framed it with a glossy berry lip. They used a slate-grey matte color on the lid, and they contoured it with a lot of charcoal off-black in the crease and outer corners. Her cheekbones were already stunning, so I am a bit befuddled as to why in the world the makeup artist chose to use some sort of highlight on top of them, that is my one dislike. Anyway, I wish I had a bigger photo of this to really show how beautiful her face looks, and especially how polished and befitting her brows are.

NNENNA

tmep99ct2.jpg

I really favored her to win that Cyle of ANTM, she is so beautiful, she does not even need the frivolity of hair. Little Tidbit: We are both from the same Nigerian ethnic group, and we both pursued the same field of study (chemical engineering)... I would say she's a smart and driven cookie, but knowing us, we all are that way
wink.gif
. Anyway, even though she is without a whole lot of makeup, you can see that a flawless foundation match, a shiny clear lipgloss, heavily mascaraed lashes, and sharp black eyeliner go a long way in making a face look camera-ready. She doesn't have blush, she's not wearing eyeshadow, she's not wearing a bright lip color, but still, she can stand next to any other woman and knock 'em dead 99.999998% of the time. Sometimes, simplicity is good.

DANIELLE

daniellegq4.jpg

She was the winner for ANTM Cycle 7. She is illustrating another perfect example of how the beautiful really don't need hair... if you have a well-shaped head and nice delicate features. I like how they used slate-grey shadow on Danielle, just as they did on Keenya. But the difference here, is that is is a pearly finish, versus a flat matte finish on Keenyah. I think for WoC who are dark skinned and are afraid of wearing obvious blue eyeshadow, that slate-grey is a good option, because it's cooler toned, and does pull blueish hues without the overtness of say, an aquamarine. I also like how they intensified her lips' natural color. They brightened it up in the center, and then they used a blended darker brown liner around the outer edge, and glosses it over for a nicely lacquered finish.

the first woman looks simply AMAZING. I mean, jaw dropping.

Waris Dirie is a beautiful woman inside and out.

the last woman *shrugs* never heard of her.

I thought the most gorgeous nubian lady I had ever seen would have been Naomi Campbell but rumor has it that's she not the nicest person to be around.

I agree with you that the second woman could go with a nice pearlized burgundy color. I am light olive, and have found almost every shade of sparkly beige will not show up on even *my* lips! It's always that problem or the shade looks too "orange."

I do think the second model look nice with a good pink, but a rather sparkling one and not a matte.

For the love of GOD someone PUH-LEEZE tell me what brand and shade of red

this is!!!

warisdirieec0.gif

Thanks for posting these Nox!

they are gorgeous,

i especially love the first one, i go to an art school and the quality of that photo is excelent.

but they all have really good make up ideas that i think could translate to other skin tones with a litlle bit of tweaking,

though i may have to stay away from he black lipstick

I love the top one, the black lipstick looks amazing. And the eyeliner in the second pic is beautiful.

Originally Posted by sephoras girl /img/forum/go_quote.gif More pics! Hey, who are your favorites Sephora's Girl? I would love to see more pics too... post 'em!
wink.gif

But just for kicks, lemme get a few more up here:

Gabrielle Union - I love the shell pink lipstick she's wearing here, and the very subtle matte black smoky lid she's wearing. She's also got the trademark bright coral blush. She looks great, but it's the same look all time, I would love to see her take a risk with something different just to show us a new side of her.

gabrielleunionmp3.jpg

Kelly Rowland... the best looking one of the DC Trio (IMO), she does not need a lot of makeup to look good... does she even get skin blemishes??? She always sticks with her tried and true tinted lipgloss, augmented lashes and a dash of color on the lids. I see she also did a white liner on her lower water line, looks great!

kellyap0106468x548tf4.jpg

And... The Great Iman! She was part of the reason brown liner and clear gloss began as a style, she makes it look so good. I love how she used a charcoal (greyish black) smoky look for her deep set eyes. I cannot believe this woman is going to be pushing towards her sixties in not too long. She always had naturally faint eyebrows, but I wonder if they were darker, could it make her look even younger?

nfd16imancoveroy6.jpg

I would DIE to look like Alek Wek, or at least have her skin... She's beautiful!

Iman is another beautiful woman. I love her!

Back