Beauty DNA

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gee, they charged me first of the month.. I wonder when I will get my product. I hope it's more than 0.25 oz this month.

Anyone have trouble getting a response from CS?  Their site says 24 hour response.  I called three days ago, again the following day and then emailed yesterday and still no response. 

I got one of those WEN conditioning cleansers as a bonus on my first month. lt's the only thing they've ever sent me that I really really love. I can't use it daily though because I have super oily hair and don't condition my roots...except for Sundays (when I'm not going anywhere) and I use this stuff. I got the cucumber mint and and makes my hair so soft and my scalp feels so good.

Box arrived! Breogeo Blossom & Bloom Volumizing Conditioner ($23) was my main item, and AHAVA Mineral Body Exfoliator ($22) was the "your main product is not expensive enough" bonus item.

The box smelled AMAZING when I opened it. I was initially sad about AHAVA (I've never liked any product I've tried, and they all have unfortunate scents).  This exfoliator actually smells nice, and I'd been hoping for a body exfoliant initially when I signed up. I'm pleased with the conditioner too. The ones I wanted from the BeautyBrands liter sale sold out, so I'm happy to give this a shot. Never heard of the brand, but I'm not particularly well-versed in hair brands anyway.

Box arrived! Breogeo Blossom & Bloom Volumizing Conditioner ($23) was my main item, and AHAVA Mineral Body Exfoliator ($22) was the "your main product is not expensive enough" bonus item.

The box smelled AMAZING when I opened it. I was initially sad about AHAVA (I've never liked any product I've tried, and they all have unfortunate scents).  This exfoliator actually smells nice, and I'd been hoping for a body exfoliant initially when I signed up. I'm pleased with the conditioner too. The ones I wanted from the BeautyBrands liter sale sold out, so I'm happy to give this a shot. Never heard of the brand, but I'm not particularly well-versed in hair brands anyway.
I got that conditioner last month along with a skyn iceland face wash. I loooove the conditioner! I have a hair mask from Briogeo as well that I love. Their company is pretty fantastic too. They had samples in an Ipsy bag earlier this year and I didn't get their product in my bag that month-so I e-mailed them and asked if they had samples to buy and they sent me a sample jar for free. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> They've been in New Beauty Test Tube before as well, I think. 

I got that conditioner last month along with a skyn iceland face wash. I loooove the conditioner! I have a hair mask from Briogeo as well that I love. Their company is pretty fantastic too. They had samples in an Ipsy bag earlier this year and I didn't get their product in my bag that month-so I e-mailed them and asked if they had samples to buy and they sent me a sample jar for free. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> They've been in New Beauty Test Tube before as well, I think. 
That's a nice box, MissJexie!!

I probably didn't give them anything to go on with my profile- I don't have blemishes or oily anything or really any skin problems. So they sent me two tiny spa items for 2 months and we knew it wasn't working.

I have a darling friend who owns a spa and I can get those things wholesale if I want them.

Instead, I'll buy some Memeboxes.. they are piling up. A guest bedroom upstairs that hubby never goes into is getting quite pink now.. . :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

I'm still plugging away, trying to actually talk with someone in customer service about my profile, since my post on 7/24, so over 3 weeks ago.  I still haven't gotten the credit for the first month that I was promised, but they did already charge me for the second month.

I've called over a dozen times during business hours, and I've never had someone answer the customer service phone number.  

They have responded to my voicemails via email, and set up a time for them to call me a few days ahead of time.  I don't have the kind of life where I can know that I will definitely be in range of the landline (no cell signal there) at an exact time several days in advance, and I ended up missing the call by a minute or two.  I wasn't given a direct line to call back.  Of course no answer when I immediately tried calling customer service.  I left a voicemail that I just missed the call and was available and would make sure to be next to the phone for the next 10 minutes, but all I got was an email response the next day.

It seems like they do want to be helpful, and help me go over my profile.  I'd love to learn more about how it works.  It's unnecessarily difficult, when if I could just call them, it would completely solve the difficulties.  Even having a 5 minute range when I could call would help.

Update from my frustrating month: When I emailed them about why so late, why two skincare products in a row, and also this AHAVA sunscreen is the worst ever, I did hear back from them. They explained that my preferences were so strict that it was difficult to find a hair product match. A week or two after it should have shipped, they decided to just sub in a skincare product for June so that I'd still get something. According to the body/hair/skin rotation, my July product was supposed to be skin originally, and didn't change. They easily could have sent me an email in June along the lines of, "We want to make sure you receive a product you love, and it is taking us a little longer than we expected. Some of your preferences are proving difficult to fulfill. If you'd like, please call us so we can review your profile. If we don't hear from you, we may substitute in a different product type this month."

They offered to make the next box (August) on them, which is nice. I was charged for it, and emailed them right away. They explained something like it's the charge that triggers the product selection each month, and sorry about the confusion, they'll process the refund right away. The refund has been processed, and I adjusted my preferences so hopefully it will be smooth sailing from here on.

My box arrived yesterday. I wasn't really looking forward to it that much because it was supposed to be for a hair product. I'm really picky about hair products because I just recently had a new perm put into my hair and with how thick my hair is, I sort or groan over the cost of having it done professionally. So, as I said I'm really picky about what I use from fear of stripping my perm. Anyways, instead of a hair product, it was and "eye" product. I am totally fine with eye creams. When I first saw the box, I didn't know what to think because it was SO tiny (0.5 oz) but as I looked into the item, it seems that it's is only available for purchase in a Spa and retails for $75, WOW, I've never ever in my life spent that much for anything for my face, much less my eyes so after having an almost "losing battle" with trying to figure out how to get it open without reading the directions, I excitedly jumped right in to try.  I will be so thrilled if this works because under my eyes have been becoming really puffy and dark, no matter what I used and it looks terrible against my pale/light complexion. So with this month's shipment, I've had 3 skin, 1 hair, 1 body and 1 eye month....... which is actually fine with me because I very much like getting skin products. Oh this month's eye product is "Dynamis Skin Center MEG21 with Supplamine bright and firm eye treatment".

**edited to add...... I only got to try last month's product once before I laid it down somewhere in my house and for the life of me, haven't been able to figure out where. I feel like I've looked all over but what the heck, still haven't come across it yet... Yes, my mind must be slipping, seriously though... this is driving me crazy because I really want to use the product some more....... my husband keeps smirking while saying, "I told you that you just have way too much stuff!"

Last edited by a moderator:
I got my August Box yesterday. I got Perfecting neck and décolleté cream. Something I never would have thought to buy for myself.  

I have a new box arriving Tuesday! I can't wait to see what it's in the box!! Every box that I've received has been a hit except for the last one (it was GM Collin 3D Visual Lifting Serum) but it's only because I receive so many different serums & creams that it's really at the end of the list of ones to try because it's full size. I go through the samples first. The month before that was Revitalash Advanced…which I love and I'm mad that I love it because it's kind of pricey. I've been subbed since the first month and every box has been fabulous and high value! 

Last edited by a moderator:
I got a double product box this month.  First one was a face cleanser from Keihl's (Blue Herbal Cleanser) and the 2nd one was a bonus item of the extra volume conditioner from Moroccan Oil.  My hair stylist used this on my hair a few times in the past and I am in love with it but couldn't justify the price.  I've been using it on my hair the last few washes and nothing leaves my hair as soft as this stuff and it smells amazing.  Now I'm certainly going to go get the shampoo too!

New box time!

MD Solar Sciences Evening Facial Repair Serum ($96) https://www.mdsolarsciences.com/evening_facial_repair_serum_11.html#.VA95_vldV8E

I have been wishing for an overnight serum. I have a ton of samples of day cream, or serums that I already tried and don't like. I just put on a bunch of weird coconutty lotion, so I can't smell this now, but I'm in favor of lavender. All the reviews I've seen online are either A+ 5 stars the best things ever, or 3 stars because the sample they received wasn't big enough. 

New box time!

MD Solar Sciences Evening Facial Repair Serum ($96) https://www.mdsolarsciences.com/evening_facial_repair_serum_11.html#.VA95_vldV8E

I have been wishing for an overnight serum. I have a ton of samples of day cream, or serums that I already tried and don't like. I just put on a bunch of weird coconutty lotion, so I can't smell this now, but I'm in favor of lavender. All the reviews I've seen online are either A+ 5 stars the best things ever, or 3 stars because the sample they received wasn't big enough. 
@@TooMuchElectric

I received the same product last week! I was so excited. I was sort of hoping for a hair product but I'm ok with a $96 serum. Been using it a week now and since it has retinol in it, its making my skin peel a bit but I think it will improve over time. I've used prescription retinol product so this is nothing.

I seem to be getting mostly skin care which is totally fine with me because I'm always a bit nervous about different kinds of hair stuff. I have loved the MEG21 with Supplamine bright and firm eye treatment that i got last month. My new box arrived yesterday, it's the PCA Skin perfecting neck & decollete cream (sells for $75). I used it last night and it smells AMAZING!!! I've been with this sub since the beginning and love it SO much! I'm constantly in awe about being able to try some of the more expensive brands which otherwise, I wouldn't have been able to. Sad that there's the downside is really loving something and knowing that it's way out of my budget.

I was under the impression that it was a skin-hair-body rotation, but I think I've gotten skincare every other month. Products I really like, to be honest, and at a SERIOUS discount, but I might email them soon and ask about the rotation.

I was under the impression that it was a skin-hair-body rotation, but I think I've gotten skincare every other month. Products I really like, to be honest, and at a SERIOUS discount, but I might email them soon and ask about the rotation.
That's what I thought, too.  My first month I asked for a hair product.  I got a Wen Cleansing Conditioner (I ended up not liking it after trying it, but that's not their fault) and some Ahava hand cream, which has gone into my hand cream stash and which will get used eventually.

My second, third, and fourth months were all what I would call (facial) skincare.  Skyn Iceland Cloud Cream, Orlane Paris eye cream, MD Solar Sciences evening facial repair serum.  I'm hesitant to complain because I've liked all three of these products and the sizes were so large that I will not run out anytime soon.  Plus, the values were high (the eye cream retails for $125 or something).

But, after four months, I'd have expected at least one body product and another hair product, and I haven't gotten those.

I don't think my profile is really specific.  It's actually pretty open-ended.  There really were very few things (mostly a couple of scents) that I said I would never want.

Oh well.  We'll see what the next month brings.  (I seem to be on a billing cycle where billing occurs at the very end of the month and the product arrives fairly early in the next month.)

I have been subbed to beautydna since they started. I just wanted to say that if anyone chooses "fragrance free" it will seriously limit your options. I have received mainly skin and body products and one hair product during my time with them. My profile is filled out so that I don't get too many hair products as I have a pixie cut, so not too interested for obvious reasons.

Their CS has been really great for me so I would suggest emailing them and asking if there is anything you can do to your profile to receive a little variety.

Latest posts

Back