BeautyBlender: alternative versions?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have never tried the Beauty Blender - it's something that I want to try, but just can't bring myself to buy...$20-25 for a sponge just seems crazy to me.  I have seen similar sponges on amazon for around $5.  Reviews seem to be hit or miss with some either loving or hating the fake sponges.  Thank you heartsandwhimsy, I have some BB points just burning a hole in my pocket, I might have to go that route.
Do it!!! I felt the same way.. I just couldn't justify paying so much money for little sponge but its actually wonderful and so different from the cheap ones! plus if you use points and don't like it yiu aren't out any money :) I'm really glad I took the plunge

I don't think there's any point in getting dupe sponges, they don't do the trick . Honestly, fingers do a better job at application than the dupes, they are really not worth it.

As far as cleaning it, definitely get the beauty blender soap in a round case, they sell it at sephora now. Best way to keep clean. My beauty blender has lasted me for months. It's definitely an investment and you have to take care of your sponge...

Quote: Originally Posted by heartsandwhimsy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Do it!!! I felt the same way.. I just couldn't justify paying so much money for little sponge but its actually wonderful and so different from the cheap ones! plus if you use points and don't like it yiu aren't out any money :) I'm really glad I took the plunge
Oh, I did!  I couldn't resist and ordered one last night with my points.  It has already shipped out and I can't wait to give it a try.  I already use the cheaper wedgelike sponges, so I can't see not liking it...but either way I'm not out anything so that works perfectly.

Quote: Originally Posted by dawn767 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I just bought the beauty blender today from Sephora... I thought the price was crazy, but it looks like I made a good decision. Haven't used it yet, but I'm excited to :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I tried out the beauty blender and didn't really like it too well, but I was also trying out a new foundation so it could've been the foundation not the blender. I was curious about the dupes from Marshalls, so I picked one up from there for like $3 to see if I might like it better. I took it out of the box, and it is more firm than the beauty blender. I'll use it soon and report back!

Beautyblender is very soft and requires to be wet if you're going to use it with a cream or liquid. Wet it with warm water, ring out the excess water and the sponge will plump up. Once it's plump then use. If using with a powder then use it dry.

Quote: Originally Posted by dawn767 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I tried out the beauty blender and didn't really like it too well, but I was also trying out a new foundation so it could've been the foundation not the blender. I was curious about the dupes from Marshalls, so I picked one up from there for like $3 to see if I might like it better. I took it out of the box, and it is more firm than the beauty blender. I'll use it soon and report back!
Ok, so I got to try the dupe I got from Marshalls and I liked it so much better than the beauty blender. However, I was using another new foundation I got (Revlon Photo Ready Liquid Foundation). So I still can't really make an even comparison because I have yet to use the same foundation for both blenders. The dupe blender was firmer and more dense. The surface of the beauty blender seems to have larger pores than the dupe I got. The dupe was harder to clean afterwards.

Back