Beautyfix (by Dermstore) July 2015 Spoilers

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After last months box being so great (to me) this month is so disappointing. As much as I love mascara it seems all boxes are sending them here lately, I definitely don't need anymore! It's still a good value and there's no way I'm canceling because one month is a dud. I figured since they were having a sale on your first month the box wouldn't be as good this month. Hopefully next month will be better!

I use Deva Curl and, yes it is expensive, but even I wouldn't pay $12 for three foil packets. I hope there is more than that in the box. 

I really like the DermaStore lipquench and I'm currently out, so happy to get more. I have a box of six mascaras I haven't gotten to yet, so one more for that collection. The other items look okay. I'm glad I got this box for half off. 

I cancelled right before the end of the month last month due to financial reasons.  I called and the person I talked to was very pleasant and didn't hassle me about it.  Apparently you can put your box on hold instead of cancelling, but that's basically the same thing she said.  I'm tempted to re-sub since the box is only $12 this month, but none of it looks very fun :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I got my box today, and wow some of these things are really tiny! This box is very disappointing to me, but I'm hoping next month is better...I guess I got spoiled with the last two month's boxes. 

My box was out for delivery today. The USPS driver usually delivers mail by noon but he/she did not come until 5pm, so it was a bit suspicious. After 7pm the tracking status is updated as "Delivered at 11:32am". Of course they did not deliver (not even to my neighbors' mailboxes). Dermstore CS said I should wait until the 14th to call them back to get another one shipped out to me. 
I don't like when USPS drivers do this :/

Hope it will magically appear at my doorstep tomorrow.
I am not crazy about this month's box, but at least I want to have it in my hands.

My box was out for delivery today. The USPS driver usually delivers mail by noon but he/she did not come until 5pm, so it was a bit suspicious. After 7pm the tracking status is updated as "Delivered at 11:32am". Of course they did not deliver (not even to my neighbors' mailboxes). Dermstore CS said I should wait until the 14th to call them back to get another one shipped out to me. 

I don't like when USPS drivers do this :/

Hope it will magically appear at my doorstep tomorrow.

I am not crazy about this month's box, but at least I want to have it in my hands.
I had this same problem this month with my Maven box, Fedex delivered to my post office and they supposedly delivered to me on Thursday. But I didn't get it, I guess some other lucky neighbor did. It is so frustrating when this happens. I filed a missing package complaint and the post office is "researching"

which translates they are asking my carrier, who lets face it is not going to remember one box out of hundreds they deliver. I'll call Julep tomorrow, but wasn't sure if they would do anything since really it isn't their fault. Seems my postal carrier has been messing up a lot lately.....sigh.  

Hope you get your package soon, hate that you are going through this as well. 

I had this same problem this month with my Maven box, Fedex delivered to my post office and they supposedly delivered to me on Thursday. But I didn't get it, I guess some other lucky neighbor did. It is so frustrating when this happens. I filed a missing package complaint and the post office is "researching"

which translates they are asking my carrier, who lets face it is not going to remember one box out of hundreds they deliver. I'll call Julep tomorrow, but wasn't sure if they would do anything since really it isn't their fault. Seems my postal carrier has been messing up a lot lately.....sigh.  

Hope you get your package soon, hate that you are going through this as well. 
Oh, I am so sorry to hear that you are having the same problem :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Thank you, hope you will receive your package soon, too.

I had this happen before, turned out the driver lady was changing delivery status to "delivered" without actually delivering them :/ I had to go down to the post office to track it with the postmaster and pick up many past due packages at once.

Usually post offices work better in person, I haven't had any luck over phone. If you have time, maybe it is worth going there and talking to the postmaster.

Julep has to send you a replacement after a few days. It's between them and the carrier. Basically, they file a claim with the carrier so they get their money back. Hope your issue will be resolved soon.

@@pearldrop, thanks for the info. I'm out of town on vacation, but will go see the PostMaster once I get back. I will also contact Julep, I just wanted to give the Post Office a day or so to see what they uncover. 

It is hard to believe that your mail lady would just mark the packages delivered, I mean how much harder is to actually deliver them?

Really hope your package turns up soon, maybe it's sitting at the post office. 

@@pearldrop, thanks for the info. I'm out of town on vacation, but will go see the PostMaster once I get back. I will also contact Julep, I just wanted to give the Post Office a day or so to see what they uncover. 

It is hard to believe that your mail lady would just mark the packages delivered, I mean how much harder is to actually deliver them?

Really hope your package turns up soon, maybe it's sitting at the post office. 
Thanks.

My package showed up today. She did mark it as delivered without actually delivering it again :/ But I am glad it's not lost or stolen.

Have a great vacation and I hope when you arrive all your sweet boxes will be waiting for you.

I wonder if when she marks them as delivered what does she do with them?  Does she take them home after work and tuck them into bed? Once they get a good night's rest then she delivers them?  The mind wonders...

P.S.  I'm glad you received your box!

I wonder if when she marks them as delivered what does she do with them?  Does she take them home after work and tuck them into bed? Once they get a good night's rest then she delivers them?  The mind wonders...

P.S.  I'm glad you received your box!
Thanks :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I think she forgets to deliver it and sees in the truck when she returns the truck to the post office. So, either she has to postpone the delivery date to the next day (which is what she should do) or mark as delivered at an earlier time and bring the actual package the next day or whenever she remembers. Every time this happens, the status is changed to delivered after their business hours and the delivery time is totally different :/

Thanks.

My package showed up today. She did mark it as delivered without actually delivering it again :/ But I am glad it's not lost or stolen.

Have a great vacation and I hope when you arrive all your sweet boxes will be waiting for you.
I'm so glad you got your package! Funny how it showed up like that, but at least it was delivered, and she didn't take it home with her! Hope you don't have any other packages get lost!

I went to the post office and they didn't have it and the driver said she knew for sure she delivered it, right like she could remember one package out of all she delivers. So I called Julep and they are sending me another, which I thought was awesome. Hopefully she doesn't take this one home too. I guess out of all the subs I get I've been lucky to have only had one lost in delivery.

I'm so glad you got your package! Funny how it showed up like that, but at least it was delivered, and she didn't take it home with her! Hope you don't have any other packages get lost!

I went to the post office and they didn't have it and the driver said she knew for sure she delivered it, right like she could remember one package out of all she delivers. So I called Julep and they are sending me another, which I thought was awesome. Hopefully she doesn't take this one home too. I guess out of all the subs I get I've been lucky to have only had one lost in delivery.
Thank you  :hugs3:  

Oh, so sorry. Probably she delivered it to some place else and does not remember it :/

I am so glad you were able to resolve the issue with Julep. Hope you will safely receive your Maven goodies very soon and will never have another package lost again.

My box arrived today, here is a photo:

beautyfixjuly2015.PNG

Everything is even tinier in person. Mascara is the biggest item in the box. Surprisingly, Harry Josh hair clips are of very good quality and there is a coupon code for %17 (?!) off on Harry Josh items. Why not %15 or %20? :)
That Erno Laszlo face bar is teeny tiny, larger side is shorter than my thumb :eek:

It was my first time to try lip quench and I liked it.

I decided to give Beautyfix another month to see how things will go in August. After all, I had two great boxes, I shouldn't lose hope that easily :) After so many complaints, I hope they will produce a great box for August.

I use Deva Curl and, yes it is expensive, but even I wouldn't pay $12 for three foil packets. I hope there is more than that in the box. 
I tried the Deva Curl and I LOVE it! I ended up buying the full size, as this really makes my curls soft and bouncy. I'd never heard of it before, so glad I got to try it. 

My box arrived today, here is a photo:

beautyfixjuly2015.PNG

Everything is even tinier in person. Mascara is the biggest item in the box. Surprisingly, Harry Josh hair clips are of very good quality and there is a coupon code for %17 (?!) off on Harry Josh items. Why not %15 or %20? :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

That Erno Laszlo face bar is teeny tiny, larger side is shorter than my thumb :eek: /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

It was my first time to try lip quench and I liked it.

I decided to give Beautyfix another month to see how things will go in August. After all, I had two great boxes, I shouldn't lose hope that easily :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> After so many complaints, I hope they will produce a great box for August.
Thanks for the picture.  I was also taken aback by how tiny all the samples were!  They can say all they want that those little tubes are worth over $20 each, but I don't believe it.  I also don't like that we were given the Harry Josh clips in a Blush box (I think it was a month or two before it changed back to Beautyfix).  

This is the second box that hasn't reached its promised value.  I was going to cancel but saw on MSA someone complained and were promised by someone at Beautyfix that next month is going to be really good.  Hmm. . we'll see!   I'm going to give it one more month and either way, will probably cancel because I need to use up samples before they expire.   

I really liked that they included OneLove Organics a few months ago and was hoping to see more all natural/organic products in the box.  

I'm actually  not really disappointed in the small sizes, (even though I was surprised when I opened it) because it's all higher end brands.

To be fair, I would be a little upset if I'd paid $30 for it though.

In general, I get miffed when a product in the box has "free sample" on it. This tells me that we could get this for free else where without paying for the box. I'm not as upset as others are about this box, but I was disappointed in the sample sizes. Obviously I prefer full size, but I love skin care products and will use them. I tried the mascara and I'm not crazy about it. I felt like it gave more of the natural look and I like bold, black, long lashes. The lipquench smells yummy though.

I'm afraid to use the mascara because I have a really hard time with racoon eyes. No matter what I do basically all mascara gets all under my eyes making it look like someone punched me in the face. (except CG lashblast clump crusher).

Back