Before You Buy Makeup On Ebay - !!read This!!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So far I have had only positive experiences buying from reputable sellers on ebay. I think that is the key....to check their feedback and study the product. But, I agree, you have to be very careful. Thanks for the information.

Originally Posted by magosienne /img/forum/go_quote.gif I got a perfetcly original paint pot off ebay, the girl explained she bought an entire collection for someone who didn't like it, so i too think a list of buyers selling fakes would be more useful. I know there's genuine sellers, but they're hard to find, because no genuine seller would sell a mac eyeshadow for 99 cents. youd have to rummage through the cheap stuff and then try to guess if its real or not. They make new accounts all the time, so seller lists aren't very useful.

does anyone know about fake Bobbi brown Blushes being sold on ebay? or guide on how to spot a fake BLUSH? (blush not Brush lol)

Thanks for the info. I agree with some of the other girls, not ALL MAC items on ebay are fake, on the rare occasion, you can find the real deal. You usually end up paying far more for it then you would have if you bought it directly from MAC itself.

Wow, thanks for the heads up. There are what I thought were great spots on EBay with lots of cheap makeup. Guess the reason was it wasn't real

I love ebay for knick knacks and dvds, ect but Ive never bought makeup from it before..I dont think I would at all, unless it was perfume or or a cheapie brush set.

I've bought quite a bit of makeup off ebay and I've never had a problem. But, I am very careful who I buy from. I did stop buying pigments off ebay because I just felt like I wasn't enough of an expert to tell the difference and I've heard too many horror stories.

I never understood why the current bids on MAC makeup were higher than what you'd pay ordering it directly online from a real MAC store.

I am scared to buy from ebay because it puzzles me how they can sell highend makeup at a fraction of the costs that original companies sells it at. Like some Nike sneakers, they are duds manufactured at sweatshops.

Don´t buy Coastal Scents palettes from scorpio.leo2009 on eBay. They're not genuines, even they say that they are. Don't buy them. I bought one palette from them and other from Coastal Scents Web and they´re not the same. the price from scorpio.leo2009 is 36.00 dollares. And in Costal Scents Web is the same price with shipping. If you want a palette with "Coastal Scents" written on the case, just buy in Coastal Scents Web.

This is helpful but don't be scared away from buying on eBay. Contact the buyer and see where they got their items from before writing all of them off. I sell on eBay (some cosmetics- usually clothes) and all my items are 100% authentic! I don't sell products I buy online unless it is from the company website... And then I will include a picture in the listing of my invoice with all my info blanked out and the packaging I received it in. I have a couple MAC items I may throw in with other items if you Buy It Now or may list at auction and I buy all of it directly from MACCosmetics.com... Clothing I list varies where it comes from, usually stores that get the extra inventory of other big stores in the area and is marked down but still has tags attached. This is how I am able to still sell it under retail price even though it is brand new with tags. So just because the price is good doesn't mean it is fake, just contact the seller and ask some questions. You will figure out quickly who is trying to scam you. But if the price is way too low and seems way too good to be true- it probably is.

OH YEAH if you buy through PayPal (which I highly recommend!!) even if the seller does not allow returns PayPal will refund your money if the item is not authentic!! And if you are not sure how to spot fake MAC xsparkage on youtube does a good job showing some differences -> youtube.com/xsparkage

OMW thank you so much for this post, cause i live in South Africa its cheaper to order mac on ebay than buy it here, so next month i was going to buy a hole buch of stuff..

But thanks to you, i will rather buy it here in south Africa so i know im getting the real thing

=)

Also... Don't be fooled by those huge palettes of eyeshadow (88 and 120) people are selling and claim is MAC... I read from 1 seller which Idk why they posted this) when they order in bulk the manufacturer offers to put a MAC sticker or w/e on the packaging... I think the real name of the brand is Manly?? These palettes only cost them like $15 a piece and they make a good bit of money. Does MAC even make palettes that big? I know if they did they would cost a lot more than these sellers are charging

Back