Beginner in need of helpp :)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi my name is sarah i just joined :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Im 18 and in serious need of help!!!!

Im new to the different colored eyeshadows, i usually just apply one color to the whole lid until i saw tutorials of doing your crease, outer eye and inner eye with different colors. Ofcourse i went out and got the naked 2 palette and too faced romantic eye palette..with no expierence applying makeup like that before. Anyways my biggest problem is applying makeup to my crease, it never looks pretty and smoky like i see it looks like i have raccoon eyes! Ive tried itleast 20 times and it never comes out right. My second problem is when applying the colors to my eyelid it never looks sheer and shiny, it just looks like powder on my eye (even using urban decays primer potion) I have nice brushes i bought that a lady at ulta recommended to me im just bummed :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I would recommend checking out some video tutorials on smokey eyes on Youtube. Since you bought a couple popular palettes, you might be able to find some that were done with the exact ones you have. Pinterest also often has pictorial tutorials for certain looks.

Also, make sure you know which brushes are for which purpose. Some brushes are better at applying the color, others at blending, etc.

And finally, make sure you get to know your eye shape. I am coming to terms with the fact that I do not have a huge space between my brows and my crease which is why I have difficulty with some looks.

I hope that helps ^_^ /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

You are a beginner and things like cut creases take time to master. Ive been doing my makeup for many years and my liquid and gel liner application just really started to look really good. YouTube and constant practice are your best friends.

Watch YouTube! It's takes practice to reach perfection. For me all I needed was the right brushes and a good eye shadow. The pallets you have are great, practice more and make sure you have a good blending brush

Latest posts

Back