Belly Button Piercing

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was thinking about getting my belly button pierced. I have done lots of research and know the risks, but what does everyone think? Is it a turn on or turn off to have it? (I realize this is mostly girls at this site, but you can still think its a turn on or off, rite). I personally think its a turn on.

Personally i think they look cute if you've a really flat tummy. I remember when it came in fashion to pierce your belly button and all my friends had it done but i chickened out because i thought it would be too painful. I wouldnt say guys think its a turn-off though..

Originally Posted by makeup_obsessed I was thinking about getting my belly button pierced. I have done lots of research and know the risks, but what does everyone think? Is it a turn on or turn off to have it? (I realize this is mostly girls at this site, but you can still think its a turn on or off, rite). I personally think its a turn on. Here goes a clue about guys; I got mine cause my BF begged me for almost 3 months to get one, he actually went with me just to walk me trough the process and in case I chickened out. So I'll say TURN ON right on
icon_wink.gif

Originally Posted by Tony(admin) I love it and I think it's a turn on. But I would say that would be it for me as far as liking peircings. Agreed!

I think piercings are sexy,to men and women but the constant cleansing and keeping it scurpioucly clean is time consuming.If you're ok with that, ide go for it.

It took my forever to finally decide to get one, and I am glad I did! I love it, and I think it is very cute and sexy... The most important thing I need to tell you is that when you get it done YOU HAVE TO CLEAN IT!! Like, a LOT!! I had a couple bottles of Bactine that I would rinse it with and move it around for the first like 3 mos of having it...

I would clean it like every few hours... As a result I never got any infections, it was perfect and didn't hurt, and it healed completely through! Now it won't close up at all on me. I can keep my navel ring out for like 2-3 mos and just put it back in like I would earrings...

I got mine done and I agree you must clean it RELIGIOUSLY!! It wasn't painful, just a weird sensation for about 3 secs and then it was all over
smile.gif

You gotta be careful with things "hitting" or touching the area for a while though-- its pretty sensitive. Luckily I didn't get any infections, I love mine.

I had mine done as well. It didnt really hurt because it was so fast. The only thing is it takes forever to heal! Mine to forever and I ended up going to the doctor because I was having some kind of systemic infection and he made me take out my tiny nose piercing, my belly button, and my caritlage piercing until we could figure out what it was causing it. I am not sure which one it as but when I took them out, the infection cleared right up!

loads of my friends pierced their belly button but i have never done it. i agree that you should have a really flat and toned tummy to do it cause it will look great that way. i think overall it's a turn on if it's on the right person. what scares me are the risks involved. i think that if there were no risks i would have done it a long time ago. you never know what i might do in the future!

I really love mine. I didn´t have an infection or anything and the cleaning process is not THAT time consuming. just follow the rules the piercer tells you, I think I was told to wash it with antibacterial soap twice a day for a few weeks and apply antibacterial lotion to it once a day for a week.

so yeah personally I think it´s a turn on-no matter if you have flat abs or not, it´s about feeling sexy for yourself. and the advantage of piercings: if you don´t like them anymore, take the ring out and voila, it´s gone
wink.gif

I have had mine for many years. It did hurt a little when I had it done, so I was especially careful to keep it clean and not hitting the area on things-ouch! I think it looks good on many body types and it can be a turn on. It can be removed(if you don't want to wear it) or the jewelry can be changed. Good luck with your decision!

In addressing the risks of getting a piercing done, the main one is relating to WHERE to get it done...

You want to make SURE the piercing/tattoo parlor you go to is a VERY clean and state of the art kind of place... They will use sterilized instruments, make sure everything goes off without a hitch... That's y it took me so long to get a piercing myself... I wanted to make sure that the place I went to was the best of the best.

It makes a HUGE difference, trust me. It is worth paying a little more to get a good job done and that you can be safe while getting your piercing...

Originally Posted by Trisha i think its a turn off, its very common over here for girls to have it done, and there is really tacky belly button jewellery too
i dont like piercing & tats on girls tho, its just my preference x

I agree with you Trish. The only piercings I like are for the ears. I don't like tats either on men or women.

I agree with both you and Trisha. I only like ears pierced and I do not like tatoos on men or women.

Originally Posted by Amethyst I agree with you Trish. The only piercings I like are for the ears. I don't like tats either on men or women.

Back