Best Beauty Organizers....Your picks!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well i need to reorganize my stuff too(if i buy only one more item, my drawer can't close). i was thinking of the big box i saw at a DIY store, it was made for a driller with compartments for it accessories, and i thought that would be just great.

i also have a smaller version for my jewelry, clear and solid plastic so i can see what's inside.

Here's my makeup organizer that I got from bed bath and beyond (but then I found one for like a third of the price at target)

I love it! It stores so many things.

plasticthingie2.jpg

That carousel is cute!..and I like your organizer Maysie. Think i'm going to look for that the next time i'm at Target.

This a great thread, thanks so much for posting the pictures because I really needed some ideas. Right now I have a train case, that I rarely use and some of the clear plastic thingys with wheels on the bottom.

I think I'm going to invest in more of those, they're a bit more practical for me. Also, I love that carousel!

I soooo need some of these organizers. I'm looking for little stackable boxes. I might go with the tackle box....its a great idea

my organizer for my makeup is really similar to the bathroom oraganizer that is shown in the first post (pic 2). I got it from meighers for like 12 bucks and I love it, i put q-tips, makeup remover, brushes, bronzers, mascara, foundation, fluidline, hairspray, comb, and all of my lipglosses in it. And then, (you're gonna laugh) I use a PENCIL CASE HOLDER for my eyeshadows! lol It like those ones where you can put your pencil, erasers, paperclips etc in it, and it flips over and you can store more stuff on the "bottom" side, thats where i keep very misc "bigger" eyeshodows.

Edit: I just saw Maysie's post, mine looks EXACTLY like that! I LOVE IT!!!

It took me awhile to find my perfect case but I think I found it. I went to Wal-Mart and purchased a LARGE Plano 1373 Rack System tackle box for $19.00. It was a green and silver color and has a HUGE top storage compartment (larger than any Caboodle I've ever seen or owned) and then has 3 pull-out boxes for storing items. I put my crafting skills to use and this is what the finished product looks like:

AllysonandNathanJanuary2008497.jpg

Opened up, this is what it looks like:

AllysonandNathanJanuary2008487.jpg

This case holds an AMAZING amount of stuff. Here is a picture of all 3 plastic storage trays opened:

AllysonandNathanJanuary2008491.jpg

In the first pull-out clear plastic case I have 92 pigments from The She Space (About Face Cosmetics). In the 2nd case are 19 Lumiere e/s, 22 Pure Luxe e/s, 38 Fyrinnae/Taylor Made e/s, 8 10 g. pots of misc. pigments, and four lip glosses. The third case holds 40 Aromaleigh 10 gram e/s, 12 Rocks! e/s, 6 pearls/blushes, 3 eyeliners, 2 lip balms, 1 e/s base, and 1 gel liner. The huge top compartment has about 40 lip glosses, 20 brushes, assorted palettes, and a few miscellaneous items. I really like this case and it keeps me nice and organized!

Originally Posted by TwinMommy311 /img/forum/go_quote.gif It took me awhile to find my perfect case but I think I found it. I went to Wal-Mart and purchased a LARGE Plano 1373 Rack System tackle box for $19.00. It was a green and silver color with a HUGE top storage compartment (larger than any Caboodle I've ever seen or owned) and then has 3 pull-out boxes for storing items. I put my crafting skills to use and this is what the finished product looks like:http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/g...ary2008497.jpg

Ok, Twinmommy . . . tell me you have a video or pictures of how you did it?
smile.gif
Evidently you painted it but am wondering what kind of paint would adhere to the plastic?
Would love to hear about it! It's soo cute!!

Warmly,

Brandi

aka beaglette

Originally Posted by TwinMommy311 /img/forum/go_quote.gif It took me awhile to find my perfect case but I think I found it. I went to Wal-Mart and purchased a LARGE Plano 1373 Rack System tackle box for $19.00. It was a green and silver color with a HUGE top storage compartment (larger than any Caboodle I've ever seen or owned) and then has 3 pull-out boxes for storing items. I put my crafting skills to use and this is what the finished product looks like:http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/g...ary2008497.jpg

Opened up, this is what it looks like:

http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/g...ary2008487.jpg

This case holds an AMAZING amount of stuff. Here is a picture of all 3 plastic storage trays opened:

http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/g...ary2008491.jpg

In the first pull-out clear plastic case I have 92 pigments from The She Space (About Face Cosmetics). In the 2nd case are 19 Lumiere e/s, 22 Pure Luxe e/s, 38 Fyrinnae/Taylor Made e/s, 8 10 g. pots of misc. pigments, and four lip glosses. The third case holds 40 Aromaleigh 10 gram e/s, 12 Rocks! e/s, 6 pearls/blushes, 3 eyeliners, 2 lip balms, 1 e/s base, and 1 gel liner. The huge top compartment has about 40 lip glosses, 20 brushes, assorted palettes, and a few miscellaneous items. I really like this case and it keeps me nice and organized!

I want!! Yes tell us how you did the tackle box makeover, because that is so much cooler then my train case.

The tackle box makeover was really fun to do. I painted it with Krylon Paint for Plastics (spraypaint) from the local hardware store in Baby Pink. I actually first gave it a coat with a cream color so I could cover up the tacky green and silver colors really well, then went on to give it two coats of Baby Pink. The decoration on the sides (and also the back of the case) is scrapbook paper which I measured, cut, and then decoupaged onto the case in strips using Modge Podge decoupage medium in glossy finish. I applied inexpensive rhinestones around the edge of the top part of the box using E-6000 craft adhesive and also Weldbond glue, applying one rhinestone at a time by hand. The butterflies and flower on the front of the case are actually 3-D scrapbook stickers I purchased at A.C. Moore for 40% off (the scrapbook paper used on the case was also 40% off), and I applied them to the case using Weldbond glue. You can't really see it too wel from the pictures, but I also added the phrase "Create Yourself" in fancy script to the top of the box using a rub-on transfer from a package of different expressions and words I found at the craft store.

I was inspired to do this project because I have been looking for a long time for a train case or other case to meet my needs and I just didn't find it until I came across the Plano box. I saw some train cases that might have been okay but they were around $200 and I just don't have that kind of money to spend on a cosmetics organizer, so I improvised and just created my own. I will more than likely create another one for myself since I have even more mineral makeup and other makeup that needs organized. Thank you for all of the compliments on the case!
smile.gif

Originally Posted by TwinMommy311 /img/forum/go_quote.gif The tackle box makeover was really fun to do. I painted it with Krylon Paint for Plastics (spraypaint) from the local hardware store in Baby Pink. I actually first gave it a coat with a cream color so I could cover up the tacky green and silver colors really well, then went on to give it two coats of Baby Pink. The decoration on the sides (and also the back of the case) is scrapbook paper which I measured, cut, and then decoupaged onto the case in strips using Modge Podge decoupage medium in glossy finish. I applied inexpensive rhinestones around the edge of the top part of the box using E-6000 craft adhesive and also Weldbond glue, applying one rhinestone at a time by hand. The butterflies and flower on the front of the case are actually 3-D scrapbook stickers I purchased at A.C. Moore for 40% off (the scrapbook paper used on the case was also 40% off), and I applied them to the case using Weldbond glue. You can't really see it too wel from the pictures, but I also added the phrase "Create Yourself" in fancy script to the top of the box using a rub-on transfer from a package of different expressions and words I found at the craft store.
I was inspired to do this project because I have been looking for a long time for a train case or other case to meet my needs and I just didn't find it until I came across the Plano box. I saw some train cases that might have been okay but they were around $200 and I just don't have that kind of money to spend on a cosmetics organizer, so I improvised and just created my own. I will more than likely create another one for myself since I have even more mineral makeup and other makeup that needs organized. Thank you for all of the compliments on the case!
smile.gif

Wow thank you so much for explaining, i've seen many tackle boxes that would be perfect for my collection, so much better then any train case I've looked at, but they just looked so ugh, I think I'm going to try this!!

Twinmommy, you are my hero. That is the most beautiful organizer I have ever seen. I am now feeling an urge to organize my pigments yet another time.

Great job!

I like to take my eyeshadows and blushes out of their store containers and put them into palettes. My 2 favorite palettes are E.L.F which has empty palettes for $1.00, and Yaby has empty palettes for about $15.00 and it comes with a big mirror.

I have a tendency to bring everything I own on a makeup job, so the palettes are great to open up room in your makeup case. Since some makeup companies have unique shaped makeup pans, the Yaby freestyle palette really comes in handy.

Back