Best conditioners/treatments for heat damaged hair?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use biosilk shampoo conditioner and most importnant the hair serum which you massage into scalp and ends wet or dry The serum is the most important part. Now a cheaper way is to buy your regular shampoo and conditioner then put 5-10 drops into the conditioner. Just remember to give a shake before use then towel dry and put about 5 drops in hand rub together and work into hair. And either let dry or blow dry. I also advise a heat spray ( I use CHI) and try to not shape every day if you must wash everyday try only using conditioner.every other day and shampoo conditioner the other days. Once your hair is stronger and better then use the hair serum 1-2 days a week but continue to put drops in your regular conditioner. It's a great product the only side effect I have seen is your hands will be super soft :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I use biosilk shampoo conditioner and most importnant the hair serum which you massage into scalp and ends wet or dry The serum is the most important part. Now a cheaper way is to buy your regular shampoo and conditioner then put 5-10 drops into the conditioner. Just remember to give a shake before use then towel dry and put about 5 drops in hand rub together and work into hair. And either let dry or blow dry. I also advise a heat spray ( I use CHI) and try to not shape every day if you must wash everyday try only using conditioner.every other day and shampoo conditioner the other days. Once your hair is stronger and better then use the hair serum 1-2 days a week but continue to put drops in your regular conditioner. It's a great product the only side effect I have seen is your hands will be super soft :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

The best treatment for damaged hair I have ever used is the Crema Midollo & Placenta conditioner. It makes your hair strong with protein but softens it as well so you don't need to follow up with another moisturizing conditioner. It comes in a big liter jar. The only problem is depending where you live, it may be hard to find. Try Roundhairbrush.com and look under the brand Alter Ego Italy. You should get a trim to cut off any dead ends and start using baby shampoo or any sulfate free shampoo you can find. Only lather once and try to go at least a day in between shampoos. You should follow each shampoo with the hair mask I mentioned. Slather it on your hair, leave it on for ten minutes and rinse in cool water. Then apply a thick creamy leave in conditioner to at least the ends of your hair along with a split end mender/hair oil or hair serum. This should keep you from getting anymore split ends. Stay away from heat styling until your hair gets back on track!

Hai Beauties,

Before head bath your should apply coconut oil and leave 1 hour like that. Then it looks silky and shiny
7dh.gif

I have tried a lot of conditioners and treatments and the best one I ever tried is the hair repair mask from pro naturals. I have been using it since I stopped dying my hair and it has completely restore it! I really recommend you check it out!

Massage castor oil into your scalp first, WARM castor oil, for at least 5 minutes. Then get it through the rest of your hair, right to the ends. You can mix a bit of jojoba or argan into it to make it less viscous, because castor oil alone can be difficult for some people to work with. The texture & thickness of it can be a pain. Roll your hair up into a bun, pin it up, then put a plastic shower cap on. Sleep with this overnight, with a towel on your pillow. The shower cap holds in some of the heat from your head, allowing the oils to penetrate more deeply. You can do this as often as you want to. I find it easiest to do about once a week or so. Wash it out the next day using a sulfate-free shampoo. When you use your conditioner, use the shower cap again with the conditioner generously applied to your hair. Pin your hair up with a clip or something. Let it soak into your hair while you finish washing the rest of yourself. Right before you're getting out of the shower, rinse out your conditioner with tepid (barely warm) water. Squeeze the water out of your hair, don't go rubbing it with your towel. Use your towel more like a sponge to just soak up the water. Follow with a leave in spray-type treatment, such as Ojon's Revitalizing Mist. If possible, lay off all heat styling tools for at least a couple of weeks. Better yet, only use them when absolutely necessary. Try not to wash your hair every day. It's brutal on the hair & scalp. If you are able, once a week. Twice at most. You'll start noticing a difference fairly quickly. Within a couple of weeks at most. And always use sulfate free products. Try avoiding conditioners with silicones, mineral oil, stuff like that. And, as other people mentioned, cut off as much damaged hair as you feel you can part with. I personally find this the most difficult bit of this routine :)

Quote: Originally Posted by wunnymush13 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My hair is dead from heat damage. It doesn't grow, and I loose a good amount of hair when brushing (which is about 70% due to my very thick hair). I'm wondering which sorts of home remedies or conditioners are great to help with the repair process? I have already stopped using heat damaging tools on my hair, and I won't be dying it anytime soon. I live in Canada, so there is no Walgreens here. My hair is about a couple cm past my shoulders, it is layered, parted to the side, and blonde. The stores I usually go to are Wal-mart, Zellers and Superstore.
My hair gets bleached once a month and heat styled at least once a day, sometimes twice. My hair dresser can never believe how much crap I put my hair through because it's so healthy. But it takes work. I do a hot oil treatment once a month, you can find that at any wal-mart/drugstore/etc. Once a week, I use Hayadi Hair Relief Mask. I buy it from Birchbox.com. And as needed, I do a home remedy as well. One egg white, 1/2 cup of mayo, 1/2 cup of yogurt. Leave it on for about 30-45 minutes, then rinse. I did this treatment last night, and my hair is amazing today. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Hope I helped somewhat! 

Back