Best Drug Store Face Wash + Moisturizer?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey there. I am a major fan of Olay products for any good drugstore brand. The thing I try telling people though is that I honestly couldn't give a hoot about the new 'Regenerist' or 'Total Effects' lines. They seem way overpriced and Olayis going way overboard with new products in both lines. For me Olay will always have their best products in the 'Classics' line. The best cleansers from Olay, in my opinion, are the Blemish Control Lathering Cleanser, the Gentle Foaming Wash or the Deep Cleansing Wash with Witch Hazel. For moisturizers I love the Classic Sensitive Moisture Therapy Lotion (white bottle with little blue print) and for day I USED to love the Olay Complete SPF 15 Sensitive. They've since changed the formula from Zinc Oxide to Avobenzone as the sunscreen, and it's causing a number on my skin, but supposedly the old formula is coming back onto the shelves next month. If you can wait til then I definitely think you should try it. It gets HUGE rave's on acne.org, youtube, and makeupalley. Hope that helps!

The nivea face wash and toner (the sensitive/dry skin formula in the pink bottles) works really well on my dry skin. I finally found a toner that doesn't dry my face out! Their moisturizers don't work very well on me. The day time moisturizer is good for touch ups so I keep it in my purse, but I use Ponds Dry Skin creme as my moisturizer. I also use jojoba oil on my face at night time in the super dry spots.

face wash- i've tried almost all of the acne cleansers out there and they all made me break out even more or they dried my skin out like a desert. i also tried cetaphil which i liked but i felt like it didn't clean my skin or lather enough. then, i saw a review for johnson and johnson Purpose cleanser...its the best cleanser i've ever used..it is so gentle! and my skin just glows! it doesn't have any acne meds in it so i just use the wexler acne gel on my t-zone. this cleanser can be a bit expensive and i heard that the purpose cleanser is basically the same thing as the Johnson and Johnson's head to toe baby wash. so i suggest you try the J&J's head to toe baby wash it is only a couple bucks but it is super gentle and it cleanses your face beautifully.

moisturizer- i'm still trying to find a good cheap drugstore moisturizer as well so if anyone has any ideas that would be great :)

hope i helped :)

My favorite Face Wash is: Aveedo 

and 

My Favorite Face Lotion is: Raw Essentials All Day Revitalizer

Both of these are under $20 found in Local Duane Reade's in NYC!!

Definately Cetaphil. Olay's Complete line for Sensitive Skin is also quite nice, as are some of Boots No. 7's offerings.

Back