Best drugstore eyelash curler?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Annelle /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by vogueboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Just curious... Why did you have to purchase another one?
I know for me personally, I used to use NYC lash curlers on myself (they fit my eye shape really well, since it has a much flatter curve) and I'd repurchase every so often when the rubber pad would die out. (cheaper materials go bad faster) But, being drugstore prices, I think they were only like $3.50 each?  It was just easier to keep buying a new curler at that price.

Don't they make replacement pads for it?

I know for me personally, I used to use NYC lash curlers on myself (they fit my eye shape really well, since it has a much flatter curve) and I'd repurchase every so often when the rubber pad would die out. (cheaper materials go bad faster) But, being drugstore prices, I think they were only like $3.50 each?  It was just easier to keep buying a new curler at that price.
I've tried others and always go back to Revlon. I've bought the cheap La Crosse ones, and those can catch my eyelashes in the corners and rip them out. And I bought a Sally Hansen one once that was so oddly shaped, it was completely unusable. I think I'll just stick with Revlon forever.
That's what I sort of figured... Most if not all lash curlers come with replacement pads, they're kind of hidden in the package, but they're there! ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I have curlers from Tweezerman, Japonesque, and Preo, all of them are from 1995-1996, all 3 came with replacement pads, and I have yet to replace any of them yet. To make the pads last longer (softer), I clean mine after every use with 99%. Or you can use a waterproof eye make-up remover. You can of course take the pads out and flip them over and put them back in, that way you can double the wear.

I used to use eye-lash curlers, I have the ELF one but I don't like the hand clamps. They kind of hurt my fingers (the black plastic handles). I am thinking of getting the revlon ones, which exactly ones are they? In all honesty I'm not sure if I even need to curl my eyelashes, they are pretty curled already. Makes it hard to put eyeliner on because they are in the way.

Originally Posted by vogueboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You can of course take the pads out and flip them over and put them back in, that way you can double the wear.
LOL That's what I do after I clean my lash curlers. It's like flipping a mattress - it has to be done every so often.

yeah the $3 curlers might have come with one refill, but they don't last forever either.  I don't think you can buy them separately.

I've been using mostly heated curlers lately though, which don't use pads at all, and they're more effective on stubborn lashes, and I've upgraded to Tweezerman in the last couple years.

I love the ELF curler!  
claps.gif
yess.gif

Back