Best EDM finishing powder for Dry skin?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi...I'm still pretty new to the whole MMU thing, but I've found that out of all of the ones I've tried, I like EDM the best. The Mulit-Tasking Neutral in Original Glo formula matches my complection exactly. I'm going to order the full size, as I only have a sample, and I want to include a finishing powder in my order. So many of them say that they control oil, but I have really dry skin, especially in Winter. Can anyone recommend a good finishing powder from their site that is good for dry skin?

I'm going to give all of my BE stuff to my sister, cause I went and bought the full size of everything there before I opened my mind to the other MMU options out there. I'm so glad I did...BE made me itch and one day after putting it on, my daughter asked, "why do you put those lines on your face?" I almost threw it away...but since my sis uses the same shades as me, I'll hand it over...looks really nice on her! One less Christmas present I need to buy. Woo hoo!

i think the pure silk dust is the most gentle and least drying finishing powder they have. the rest are meant for oil absorbing and shine control. the pure silk dust do help in those two problems as well *though very slightly*, but its main purposes is to calm your skin and reduce the appearance of large pores and fine lines. but personally when i find any mmu to be drying, i just spritz some fix+ and problems are solved. hope this help!

i disagree. i think the natural reflections is better for you if you have dry skin. silk dust will absorb oils on your skin so i would recommend staying away from that. MMU can be drying for some women, so moisturize well before you apply your makeup.

My skin also very dry and so far EDM is the best foundation I found. I also think the silk powder is the best for dry skin. I like natural reflection as well, but that one I can not use regulary, becuause it is a bit drying for me. Silk powder has no such a problem.

Originally Posted by laurreenn /img/forum/go_quote.gif i disagree. i think the natural reflections is better for you if you have dry skin. silk dust will absorb oils on your skin so i would recommend staying away from that. MMU can be drying for some women, so moisturize well before you apply your makeup. I totally agree! Silk Dust is very drying on my skin. So much so that I will get dry patches, flakies and tiny lines under my eyes if I use it too often. Natural Reflections would be a better choice.

Back