Best face moisturizers for oily skin?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
What are some of the best face moisturizers for oily combination skin? I'm really really oily round my nose but the rest of my face can get quite dry. I get lots of zits around my nose,chin and forehead but my cheeks are really red,hot and itchy like I have a rash all the time. Most of the time I can't be bothered using moisturizer because it feels so gross on.. I'm interested in trying korres moisturizers,they look very good,and by the way I'm 13 years old ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I have combo skin, my nose/chin/forehead are more oily and the rest is normal but a bit sensitive, I have pink cheeks too. I find when I use products to help with oily skin, on my cheeks, it is just to much and feels uncomfortable so I use two different moisturizers products. It really doesn't take much longer, I squeeze the right amount of each on the back of my hand and then apply. I really like Boscia Oil free daily Hydration for my t zone (I can use this all over but choose not to so I don't run out as quickly). If your price range is to afford Korres then I personally would suggest you check out Sephora's Favorite Sun Safety Kit. There are several oil free products so then you can really try a few things plus other regular moisturizers. The value of it is fabulous and will last a long time, I love these kits! And when you find your perfect moisturizer then you can invest in the full size. http://www.sephora.com/sun-safety-kit-P309406;jsessionid=05F6C706CBA7215A239CFEF5D2F56E3C.node21 Also, I recently tried Clinique's gel moisturizer for oily skin and also liked that, you can get a trial set for $13 where the gel is .5 oz plus you get to try two other items (again being careful to avoid more sensitive areas of our face). http://www.sephora.com/great-skin-great-deal-combination-oily-to-oily-skins-P288800?skuId=1313006 Or a 1.7oz of the gel alone is $13 http://www.sephora.com/dramatically-different-moisturizing-gel-P122900 Hope that helps!

I have combo skin, my nose/chin/forehead are more oily and the rest is normal but a bit sensitive, I have pink cheeks too. I find when I use products to help with oily skin, on my cheeks, it is just to much and feels uncomfortable so I use two different moisturizers products. It really doesn't take much longer, I squeeze the right amount of each on the back of my hand and then apply. I really like Boscia Oil free daily Hydration for my t zone (I can use this all over but choose not to so I don't run out as quickly). If your price range is to afford Korres then I personally would suggest you check out Sephora's Favorite Sun Safety Kit. There are several oil free products so then you can really try a few things plus other regular moisturizers. The value of it is fabulous and will last a long time, I love these kits! And when you find your perfect moisturizer then you can invest in the full size. http://www.sephora.com/sun-safety-kit-P309406;jsessionid=05F6C706CBA7215A239CFEF5D2F56E3C.node21 Also, I recently tried Clinique's gel moisturizer for oily skin and also liked that, you can get a trial set for $13 where the gel is .5 oz plus you get to try two other items (again being careful to avoid more sensitive areas of our face). http://www.sephora.com/great-skin-great-deal-combination-oily-to-oily-skins-P288800?skuId=1313006 Or a 1.7oz of the gel alone is $13 http://www.sephora.com/dramatically-different-moisturizing-gel-P122900 Hope that helps!
Ok,thanks heaps! There's no sephora near me (Adelaide south Australia),but if I bought online where would it be shipped from? I don't want to pay a fortune on shipping. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I don't think that they ship to Australia and I'm not familiar with what stores are there. If your parents have PayPal, I wonder if you could find one of those on eBay?

I don't think that they ship to Australia and I'm not familiar with what stores are there. If your parents have PayPal, I wonder if you could find one of those on eBay?
Yeah,I'll see if I can

I'm an E-bay fan and last week I saw Boscia Oil free daily Hydration on sale. I'm not sure if any of the sellers will ship to Australia but its worth a try. I also have very oily skin and my makeup slides off. For the last week, I've been using Boot's Expert Shine Control lotion and I love it! Since Boot's is a UK brand, you might have better luck finding it in Australia (I think???)

I'm an E-bay fan and last week I saw Boscia Oil free daily Hydration on sale. I'm not sure if any of the sellers will ship to Australia but its worth a try. I also have very oily skin and my makeup slides off. For the last week, I've been using Boot's Expert Shine Control lotion and I love it! Since Boot's is a UK brand, you might have better luck finding it in Australia (I think???)
Okay,thank you! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by Bella99135 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...but my cheeks are really red,hot and itchy like I have a rash all the time.

Most of the time I can't be bothered using moisturizer because it feels so gross on..

I'm interested in trying korres moisturizers,they look very good,and by the way I'm 13 years old
wink.gif
By any chance have you been to a dermatologist?

Sounds like rosacea maybe...

No i havent. I don't know.. Maybe very mild,I looked it up on google images and some pictures of really mild rosacea look quite like what I have.

I have oily skin and BareMinerals purely purifying moisturizer (oily/combo) skin really helped my skin out. I use it daily with the cleanser and exfoliating powder. this has been the best my skin looked in years.

Good luck!

Thanks for all the suggestions but most of them I haven't heard of in Australia.. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I don't really want to use anything with nasty chemicals but keep commenting,it helps a lot! Has anyone tried the clinique dramatically different moisturising gel for oily combination to oily? I think it's expensive but a lot of people on YouTube rave about it!

I used the Clinique moisturizing gel for combo skin when my skin was acting up and really oily. It was good but it has chemicals in it. Most main stream/ department store lines do. I love Weleda for natural non-chemical skin care. Their Iris lotion is meant for combo/oily skin and it works really well. I've used it many times.

I used the Clinique moisturizing gel for combo skin when my skin was acting up and really oily. It was good but it has chemicals in it. Most main stream/ department store lines do. I love Weleda for natural non-chemical skin care. Their Iris lotion is meant for combo/oily skin and it works really well. I've used it many times.
Okay,thanks! That sounds like a good brand :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I had a very oily skin earlier which made me feel frustrated. I didn't even preferred to go out in public. After wasting considerable amount of money on various products, I started using oil free moisturizer, Dermasome Hydrate which nourished my skin well and also prevents it from being oily and greasy. Also, MIDO, cotton towelette helped my skin to look healthier and fresh, by removing excess oils and damaged and dead skin cells. Also, drink a lot of water to keep your skin hydrated and prevent it from being oily and dull.

Latest posts

Back