Best Finishing/Setting Powder?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Pebo-that is very helpful information re: the differences in color between tinted and summer silk dust. A good friend of mine loves the summer-she wears medium warm beige foundation and says the summer gives her a nice summery "tan" look, but doesn't look fake or turn orange on her. I agree w/you on their cs-I've been having major trouble trying to check out (won't give me shipping rates) and have been emailing them today (holiday) and they emailed me back twice so far! Wow, Lumiere too-it will be fun to get those packages in the mail, huh?! I am still waiting for my mineral boutiqe and Fusion of Color orders-I'm sure the holiday will slow things up even more. Keep me posted on what you think of your goodies, and is the Lt. Winged Butter still working well for you? I REALLY hope so!!!

Im a bit yellow toned so I like Bobbi Browns loose. It super fine on the skin, you cant tell you have it on. It looks great!

I love Lueur Jeune translucent matte mineral veil. It doesn't contain Kaolin, which really dries out my skin, and it is so light. It provides a nice finishing touch, bringing together the foundation and blush to a flawless finish without making me look all powdered up.

Pebo-

Have you tried Silica as a primer? That could help with the oily breakthrough and it seems to diminish pores and stuff. I've been using it lately and have been loving. I got the Silica Ronaspheres from TKB. It makes my skin feel silky smooth too. I seem to have sensitivity when I am drier and it hasn't been bugging me yet.

If you want glow, try Valerie's Satin Sun. It's beautiful and a peachy color. One of my all time glow favs and you know I am a glow lover. I use at the end of my MMU application routine. HTH

As a primer I use silica powder & as A finisher I use sericite.

thanks ladies!

definitely time to go 'get me some glow'!
wink.gif
will check out your rec's!

thanks!

Pebo, I agree w/Hoozey on the silica ronaspheres-I just got mine from TKB and tried it yesterday and it is great.

Back