Best Hair Flat Iron!!!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was using a GHD and it really does work similar to the CHI. However, I think mine were Ceramic plates? So I switched the Bellezza flat iron which has Titanium plates which are better for your hair than ceramic. I love my Bellezza, reaches to 450 and makes hair shiny

If you want a professional flat iron and you are ok with spending around $140 I would highly recommend the Karmin G3 Salon Pro, it heats up to 450f with temperature control, dual voltage, tourmaline ceramic plates with rounded edges which makes it great for also curling your hair. Also has a 3 year warranty. If you are in the US you can buy from http://MyHairStylingTools.com,  they are also giving away a free heat matt/carrying case and some heat serum that works really well.  If you are in Canada you can buy at http://www.hairtools.ca/.   If you do look at other irons make sure to stay away from irons with painted plates (colored plates) these can damage your hair.

A little about plate quality:

* Aluminum – 90’s and low quality, will stick to your hair and terrible results.

* Colored Plates – Stay away from these, they may look nice but they are for show and they are not good for your hair.

* Ceramic Plates – White or Yellowish color plate – These plates are good but they are older technology from around 2002. Many companies still use these as it is cheaper to manufacture than a tourmaline ceramic plate.

* Titanium Plates – Gun Metal Grey color – These are great plates and provide great results. These and Tourmaline Ceramic plates are about the same in quality but work different with different hair types. You would need to try both to see which one provides the best results for your hair type.

* Tourmaline Ceramic – Gun Metal Grey in color – These are currently the best plates on the market. currently I only see Karmin and Sedu using these plates. It appears all the other brands are focused on cutting costs by using the cheaper plates.

Some features you should look for:

* Variable Temperature Control (If you have thick hair make sure it heats up to at least 420F)

* Swivel Cord

* At least a 3 year warranty (most hair straighteners will die in the first year or two)

* If you travel then make sure its dual voltage

You can also check reviews at http://flatironsreviews.com to see their ranking of the top 10 flat irons. Good luck and I hope this helps.

Owner of 5 salons with 12 years of experience.
icon_biggrin.gif
I am the proud owner of a Karmin G3 Salon Pro Hair Styling Iron and I am thrilled with it.   Does everything it is supposed to and does not burn my hair at all even though I use it religiously every morning.   I did my desk research dilligently before deciding on Karmin and I am glad I took the time to read/listen to all the reviews. 

After reading Karv07's post I did exactly what she suggested.   My hairdresser had recommended the G3 Salon Pro Hair Styling Tool but I wasn't sure. However after reading your post and reading the website and knowing I was able to buy it in the UK I went for it.   Very happy bunny. 

Has anyone used the MOSITO Flat Iron Nano Ionic Pro. I recently bought a straightener from sally's beauty supply (Jilbere de Paris Tourmaline series) and it makes my hair smell burnt. I am needing another straightener that works good, and has ceramic plates with infrared heat. Does anyone know about the Mosito flat iron and/or have any recommendations on straighteners that are not so expensive but does a good job at straightening very thick, curly hair without making my hair smell burnt?

If you want a professional flat iron and you are ok with spending around $140 I would highly recommend the Karmin G3 Salon Pro, it heats up to 450f with temperature control, dual voltage, tourmaline ceramic plates with rounded edges which makes it great for also curling your hair. Also has a 3 year warranty. If you are in the US you can buy from http://MyHairStylingTools.com,  they are also giving away a free heat matt/carrying case and some heat serum that works really well.  If you are in Canada you can buy at http://www.hairtools.ca/.   If you do look at other irons make sure to stay away from irons with painted plates (colored plates) these can damage your hair.

A little about plate quality:

* Aluminum – 90’s and low quality, will stick to your hair and terrible results.

* Colored Plates – Stay away from these, they may look nice but they are for show and they are not good for your hair.

* Ceramic Plates – White or Yellowish color plate – These plates are good but they are older technology from around 2002. Many companies still use these as it is cheaper to manufacture than a tourmaline ceramic plate.

* Titanium Plates – Gun Metal Grey color – These are great plates and provide great results. These and Tourmaline Ceramic plates are about the same in quality but work different with different hair types. You would need to try both to see which one provides the best results for your hair type.

* Tourmaline Ceramic – Gun Metal Grey in color – These are currently the best plates on the market. currently I only see Karmin and Sedu using these plates. It appears all the other brands are focused on cutting costs by using the cheaper plates.

Some features you should look for:

* Variable Temperature Control (If you have thick hair make sure it heats up to at least 420F)

* Swivel Cord

* At least a 3 year warranty (most hair straighteners will die in the first year or two)

* If you travel then make sure its dual voltage

You can also check reviews at http://flatironsreviews.com to see their ranking of the top 10 flat irons. Good luck and I hope this helps.

Owner of 5 salons with 12 years of experience.
icon_biggrin.gif

I am so happy to read your post!   I decided on a Karmin G3 Salon Pro and I based my choice on similar reasons to you.  The clincher for me was the donation to children in need and the giving away of 3 scholarships annually.   This stopped me from feeling guilty about indulging in a present to me.

I have given my G3 Salon Pro to my granddaughter and now I am the proud owner of the Karmin Salon Series styling iron. One happy bunny!

Hi, i bought the same Karmin styling iron last weekend when my best friend accompanied me out for shopping and she recommended the product. I was reluctant about purchasing it but i bought it anyway. I've used it for several days and i like the fact that it heats up in just 30 seconds, unlike other models that take longer. Its' one hour sleep mode is also awesome and am enjoying using it.

Hi, i bought the same Karmin styling iron last weekend when my best friend accompanied me out for shopping and she recommended the product. I was reluctant about purchasing it but i bought it anyway. I've used it for several days and i like the fact that it heats up in just 30 seconds, unlike other models that take longer. Its' one hour sleep mode is also awesome and am enjoying using it.
You won't regret it. My daughter & granddaughter came over from Holland this Easter and I gave her my G3 but I could see that she really wanted my new Salon Series - she will have to wait until Karmin come up with another new model!!

Back