Best Inexpensive, Natural Mineral Lip Products?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Petal461 /img/forum/go_quote.gif If you want something pigmented and longlasting, I still think that Monave are the best. The mini lipsticks are great little samples and the pot glosses are equally good (the glazes are more sheer).
I've tried Fyrinnae, SN, EDM and Priia, but the Monave win every time.

That's good to know! I wish I had taken advantage of their 50% off sale they had recently to try a bunch of mini lipsticks. I hope they have a sale like that again sometime.

Originally Posted by Lysette /img/forum/go_quote.gif The only problem with ELF is that they do not mention on their homepage that the lipsticks also contain mineral oil derivatives (3). Colors are sheer and do not stay on the lips for long. Could you clarify about the 3 mineral oil derivatives please?

Quote:
Ingredients: Jojoba Oil soothes, moisturizes and softens the skin. Coconut Oil is a moisturizing remedy to prevent wrinkles and sagging. Candelilla Wax protects the skin against moisture loss. Castor Oil is soothing, rich in antioxidants and helps to prevent aging. Shea Butter is deep penetrating and long acting. It is needed to restore the skin's moisture balance and prevent visible signs of aging and wrinkles. Olive Oil combats aging and locks in moisture. Tocopherol is a Vitamin E derivative and is a powerful antioxidant helping the skin look younger and promotes skin healing. Ascorbyl Palmitate is a Vitamin C derivative that promotes healthy skin and vitality. Retinyl Palmitate is a Vitamin A derivative that is a powerful anti-oxidant that increases skin elasticity, yielding younger looking skin and helps to smooth out fine lines. Mica ingredients impart a soft focus effect that creates a natural, healthy, and youthful glow that instantly fills facial lines to reduce the appearance of wrinkles. Titanium Dioxide is also an important ingredient because of its ability to provide sun protection to the skin.

Originally Posted by mk12 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Could you clarify about the 3 mineral oil derivatives please?
elf+mineral+lipstick+ingredients.JPG
Ceresin wax, microcrystalline wax and paraffine wax are all synthetic.

All ingredients are not listed on the homepage - there you can only find the commercial text about the wonderful qualities of some ingredients. Not good business ethics imho.

Originally Posted by Lysette /img/forum/go_quote.gif http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_6e9ozV07S_E/S3Pbp7INWLI/AAAAAAAABWY/F8lmpN7y1_Y/s1600-h/elf+mineral+lipstick+ingredients.JPGCeresin wax, microcrystalline wax and paraffine wax are all synthetic.

All ingredients are not listed on the homepage - there you can only find the commercial text about the wonderful qualities of some ingredients. Not good business ethics imho.

That's weird. I always thought the ingredients listed on individual product pages were all inclusive. It's not like they try to hide the bad ingredients on their mineral lip gloss page:
Quote:
Mineral Oil, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Mica Silica, Capryly Glycol, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A), Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides (CI77491, CI77492, CI77499), Manganese Violet (CI77742), Mica (CI77019), Red No.7 Lake (CI15850), Red No.27 Lake (CI45410), Red No.6 Lake (CI15850), Blue No.1 Lake (CI42090), Yellow No.5 Lake (CI19140), Yellow No.6 Lake (CI15985). I wish I still had my E.L.F. Mineral Lipstick boxes to check the ingredients listed. Is it possible that the ingredients have changed?
I just noticed they say right above that ingredient list:

Quote:
Lip Gloss
The soft and silky formula glides onto lips to create a luscious shine without feeling sticky or tacky. The sheer tint of color is the perfect hue to give you a beautiful and natural glossy look. Infused with key vitamins A & E to protect and moisturize your lips. All our mineral makeup is 100% mineral based with no parabens, no preservatives and no chemical dyes

Do they not consider all of those colorants listed in the ingredients to be chemical dyes?
Link: http://eyeslipsface.com/minerals/lips/gloss/lip_gloss

Oooh well I am in love with pinQ.me natural organic lipglosses and lipbalm! They also have lipstick available however I rarely where lipstick.. If you have a look on there website you'll see all the great colours.

I agree with the recommendation of Silk Naturals. I've tried quite a few of their lippies & really liked them.

Karen, the owner, is super nice & will answer any questions you have about the products. I have some serious sensitivity issues, but haven't had any reactions or problems what-so-ever with SN's lip products.

Definitely try EGM (Earthen Glow Minerals) lippies. The duragloss or Gem 2 are like Mac glass. The squeezies are like butter with serious color that lasts. Love both. The site is down being updated or something but I'd email them for help.

Back