Best Ipsy Products of 2014 Edition

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jan: The Briogeo conditioning hair mask, which I was originally unhappy about getting, but ended up loving it once I tried it.

Feb: City color Matte blush in melon, I wear it daily!

Mar: Pacifica Indian coconut nectar body butter, I just finished it and bought the large size!

Apr: Elizabeth Mott Pop! goes the eyeshadow.

I have now been with ipsy a full year, and so far I have discovered at least one awesome item every month, even if I originally hated my bag when it showed up in my glam room. Which reminds me why I signed up for ipsy in the first place, to discover new things!

March: Pixi Flawless Beauty Primer

April: Elizabeth Mott Eye Shadow - I love this so much I ordered the rest of the eyeshadows as well as all the eye pencils! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Can't beat 50% off!

Favorites from  2014:  Zoya and Pacifica

Favorites from 2013:  Zoya and Pacifica  :satisfied:

(Also: Michael Todd, Juice Beauty lip gloss, Be Delectable, and Josie Maran argan oil)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm unsubbed now, but the only things I got in 2014 that really stand out in my mind are the Malin & Goetz Mojito lip balm and the Be a Bombshell shadow quad (because the colors are SO PRETTY).

I love this thread, I actually keep a spreadsheet myself of my most used Ipsy items which are the items I love.  Here's my list from the past year:

Mirabella lipstick (May 2013) - I bought 3 more colors after getting it in my Ipsy bag.

Jessie's Girl Liquid Eyeliner (September 2013) - I almost used this up and recently stopped using it because the tip is frayed.  I liked it enough but it does smear in the outer corners of my eyes.  It was a good Ipsy find though but I had to trade to get it.

Pixi Bronzer in Subtly Sun Touched (November 2013) - LOVE!  Best Ipsy find of all.

Pixi Bronzer in Summertime (November 2013) - Like this too, luckily I was getting 2 bags for a while and was able to receive both bronzer shades.

NYX Lipstick (December 2013) - I received the shade Fiesta and love it.

Be Delectable Hand Cream in Vanilla (October 2013) - so yummy, I also traded for the Lemon and Coconut scents,

Demeter Salt Air Perfume (July 2013) - So beachy!  :wub:

And finally... (Saved this for last because no one will believe it's serious, but it is!) J Cat Lipstick in Honeycrisp (September 2013) - Personally I love the color!  

I also love these items that Ipsy sent out but I didn't get.  However, I already own and use them so wanted to throw them out there since they are tried and true for me:

Benefit Porefessional

Benefit Lollitinit

Butter London polish

Pacific Indian Coconut Nectar Body Butter

My faves this year so far:

January - M+G mojito lip balm.  Heavenly smell!  I put it on right before bed and my lips are still great when I wake up!

February - City Color blush.  I used it everyday for a few weeks.  Blended beautifully and gorgeous shade!

Honourable mention: the eyetini cream shadow.  The formula didn't budge and I got a ton of compliments when I wore it.

March - Chella indigo eyeliner.  My first not black or brown eyeliner.  Love how it gives a pop of subtle colour.

April - Demeter!  FINALLY got one in my bag and it didn't disappoint :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

November 2013: Nailtini in Caviar Cocktail Nail Polish

December 2013: Mirabella Eye Blender Brush  (Crease brush)

January 2014: nothing

February 2014: nothing

March 2014: Klorane eye patches

April 2014: Dr. Brandt Dermabrasion

Oops edited because I just realized it was supposed to be only for this year...here goes, so fun!

- (Jan 2014) nourish organic face lotion - smells and feels wonderful

- (feb 2014) city color be matte blush

- (march 2014) NYX eyeshadow trio in cabana boy

- (march 2014) BAB eyeshadow quad in Bora bora- I was obsessed with getting my hands on this baby and so I traded for it. It's GORGEOUS and may be my favorite ipsy find ever...so far.

- (April 2014) Dr. Brandt microdermabrasion!!!! I'm stock piling these little babies. Liquid gold I tell ya!

- (April 2014) Demeter jasmine. This is my absolute fav fragrance right now.

So far this year:

Jan- Epice exfoliant

Feb- Eyetini and Dr. Lin

Mar- bareMinerals Moxie lipstick

Apr- lollitint

I've actually had pretty good luck with Ipsy this year!

For this year:

January: I liked the mica beauty lip balm. Nothing really excited me though.

February: I actually LOVED the pop beauty gloss. I received a good one though. It's the perfect color for me.

March: EVERYTHING! I got the BAB, OPI, Pacifica, and Bareminerals lipstick. LOVED EVERYTHING!

April: Mary Kay lipgloss in Teddy Bare. This stays in my purse at all times. Love it.

Honorable mentions from last year:

Mica Beauty in bronze. I'm actually wearing it today.

Pixi bronzer, I have been wearing it everyday since I've gotten it.

Yaby Teal eyeshadow. I wear this a lot.

Pop mascara. I have no problems with this brand at all.

Also, NYX lipstick. I went and bought a bunch afterwards.

For this year: 
January: Was a bit of a bust for me - nothing I really loved in this bag
February: Was FAB! Zoya Odette (I got Dot and didn't like, traded for Odette which is fabulous), Eyetini (wearing it now!), City Color blush! I loved the color of the Pop Beauty lip plumper I got, too (peony!), but of course that ended up reeking. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
March: Chella eyeliner - I got one that luckily didn't dry out and I love the color!
April:  UD eyeliner and dr. brandt microderm!

I just started in November, but I have to give an honorable mention to November's em phan sheer color lipstick in violette. At first I was like "what the heck am I going to do with this purple lipstick??" but it goes on such a lovely raspberry color, and is SO creamy and moisturizing. It is my favorite Ipsy product to date. 

Faves:

March:  Be a Bombshell Bora Bora Eyeshadow Quad (which I actually swapped for)
April: Coastal Scents Medium Shadow Brush

May: Hey Honey Take It Off! Exfoliating Honey Peel Off Mask

I've only been subscribed since March but my favorites are:

March: chella indigo blue eyeliner, BAB quad

April: Everything except the lip balm

May: Nothing!!!!

June: nyx lip butter and the rest.

I guess April and June are my favorite so far.

The Costal Scents eyeshadow brush from April is amazing. Also, unpopular opinion: the Pacifica eyeshadow duo, the more golden one is my absolute favorite right now. I wear the gold on my lid almost everyday! It's so natural but beautiful as well. I think the pigmentation is perfect.

• January: Benefit the POREfessional and MALIN+GOETZ Mojito Lip Balm

February: City Color Be Matte Blush
March: bareMinerals Marvelous Moxie Lipstick
April: Urban Decay Eye Pencil and Coastal Scents Medium Shadow Brush
May: Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer and Eva NYC Therapy Session Hair Mask
June: Marc Anthony Dream Waves Beach Spray

My favorite Pixi bronzer from ipsy shattered today. I smushed it up with alcohol and just put it back in it's pot to dry. I hope it works *fingers crossed*

My favorite Pixi bronzer from ipsy shattered today. I smushed it up with alcohol and just put it back in it's pot to dry. I hope it works *fingers crossed*
I love mine too. I'm curious, how deep does the pot go ?

I wanted to add to this thread:

May: derma-e Microdermabrasion scrub and the Pacifica eyeshadow in duo 1 (and the bag itelf)

June: Marc Anthony and NYX Butter Gloss (I love this too much and need to buy another!)

I'd say about an 1/8 of an inch or so. I felt it was a pretty generous size. I have been using it weekly since it came in my ipsy bag.

I can't pick just one on some of these.  :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

January: umm..nothing.  I just looked back at it and I literally gave it all away.

February:  Zoya & the bag

March:  Bora Bora quad

April:  UD velvet eyeliner tied with the Elizabeth Mott shadow

May:  Too Faced bronzer tied with Eva NYC hair mask

June:  the bag

My all time favorite comes from 2013 though.  The UD Revolution lipstick in Anarchy.  :wub:

Jan: malin+goetz lip balm

Feb: mally eye pencil (traded for it)

March: borabora eyeshadow

April: UD eye pencil

May: purlisse (but honestly nothing)

June: the bag...but did like nyx lip butter

Seeing all the meh products makes me want to cancel.

Back