Best Loose Finishing Powder

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm searching for best loose powder (not mineral powder) to use after I apply foundation. I want powder which gives a hint of color. Channel, Nars, Bare Minerals, Mac, Bobbi Brown, Urban Decay....There are so many to choose!  I don't want a heavy, cakey powder Can someone tell me which is a good choice ?       Thanks

Palladio rice powder is excellent and it's tripple milled so it goes on ultra fine and helps smooth the skin while giving excellent oil control. I also like Laura Mercier loose finishing powder too.

I agree on Palladio. Their rice powder is wonderful. It's soft, smooth, and has a nice, light, baby powder-ish scent that makes it pleasant to apply, but doesn't linger.  My only complaint is that the holes in the dispenser mean that product is going to spill all over the box if you travel with it. To fix this, put some scotch tape over 3/4 of the holes. This will dispense only a bit at a time and keep it from overflowing if it's in a suitcase that get manhandled by airline baggage handlers!

I third Palladio Rice Powder. It's the only product I've purchased numerous times. I only recently bought Ben Nye Cameo powder which is good too, but I think i like Palladio better. I'm always switching stuff up but Palladio I always go back to AND it's less than $5 at Ulta and Sally's Beauty Supply. Can't beat that price!!! I bought it after Makeup Geek Marlena suggested it and loved it ever since.

I use the Palladio as well, usually over my Yes to Cucumbers SPF 30 Moisturizer (which is just a regular moisturizer, not tinted). I really like the little square box/package because it is cute, but I would love to find a pressed version as well as things can get a little messy for me with the loose powder.

Latest posts

Back