Best Method to control Oil

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LVA, I can't see what you wrote... it's telling me that I need to have 10 posts to see it. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

To view links in this forum your post count must be 10 or greater. Your post count is 6 momentarily

sbc, that link was just about the oil cleansing method! What you do is make a mixture of oil to cleanse your face with! I use 25% castor oil with 75% olive oil, but you can pretty much use any oil, jajoba, almond, etc. You massage it into your face and let it sit for a little while, then take a hot wash cloth and lay it over your face to steam your pores open! Then rinse it off and you can either wash again with a face wash or dove soap or just use the ocm! Then pat dry and moisturize! It's awesome, give it a try!

Thanks April!

I have another question though... I have combination skin. Cheeks are dry, T Zone oily... will this make my T Zone area oilier? Thanks again in advance!

No it won't make your t-zone any oilier! In fact, it might cut down on the oil production because you're not drying your skin out making it over produce oil! You would think it would make you oilier, but the cleansing oil disolves the dirt and oil in your skin and just leaves it nice and moisturized! I have combo skin too! We have a thread in the skin care forum about the oil cleansing method that you can read. Just do a search for it!!

Thanks! I will look into the skin care thread... I am currently stuck in the Mineral makeups and regular makeup threads. hahaha.

I have very oily skin and I've tried several creams, gels, moisturizers, makeup, etc. that claim to control oil, but THE only product I've tried that's made any difference in my oil production is CO Bigelow Extra Light Face Lotion (available at Bath and Body Works). Even prescription acne creams and oil-control products recommended by my dermatologist did nothing for my oily skin! (Though I'll admit they did work on the acne!)

However, even the CO Bigelow lotion only lasts for the morning. (It just keeps my face matte until almost lunchtime, whereas without the lotion my face is shiny by mid-morning!) After that, I have to use blotting sheets every few hours to keep my oil under control. Clean and Clear blotting sheets work great for me, and they're cheap! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I use oil blotting paper when needed throughout the day. but jojoba oil as a moisturizer is supposed to cause your face to create less oil.

Some people use milk of magnesia under their foundation, like a primer. Can also be used as a mask to reduce shine.

Ive tried it, and it worked, but it was too much hassle in the mornings :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Before applying makeup, I'll apply Chanel T-mat oil control on my t-zone and I use Clean and Clear oil blotting sheets to blot excess oil on my face during the day.

Hi, if you don't have time to mix up your own oil, dermalogica's precleanse oil is very good!

I use the Oil Cleansing Method (50% castor oil / 50% jojoba oil), Jojoba oil as a moisturizer (just a light light coat), makeup primer, and then I apply my foundation. I had EXTRA OILY skin before starting this. Now, my skin doesn't shine at all during the day. Even the next morning oilies are kept at bay too! I love it!!! :cheer2:

I use estee lauder oil control blotting sheets throughout the day, which are fab, but I still haven't quite got to the root of the problem!

I'll try out some of your suggestions though!

For me, I believe in Chanel Double Perfection Matte Compact Makeup. It takes hours before I get any shine, and then I just have to run the brush back over my face without even applying more powder!

Back