Best mineral makeup for women of color

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks for all the help ladies, i will try out those shades, and email the websites. I guess it's hard for me to believe that I have yellow undertones, but ill give it a shot.

i just received my samples from milan minerals! fabulous! the coverage is excellent! n my gosh..i look so flawless when i put it on..n it doesnt transfer to my hands easily..n wen u splash water on ur face, it doesnt budge! wow..it looks soo pretty...n their eyeshadows r sooo pigmented! im in love with milanminerals...im an A.A. so i kno how u feel. u shud stay away from Bare Minerals, Joppa Minerals, Everyday Minerals, and Alima cosmetics. these are jus my opinion..im sure they work great for some..but for a dark african american like me..they were WAYY too ashy.

Ava? never heard of it. i heard of Ada. where can u purchase them?

Lilita, your post was so helpful for me! I'm Chinese and it's really hard to find foundations that are yellow enough for me. Most yellow ones still have a pinkish cast which doesn't work out so well. I grativate towards only the yellow and golden shades in each brand although I think I have a skintone that's slightly darker than some of the shades you listed.

One more thing, some brands have yellow-toned foundations that are listed as 'Olive'. M.A.D is one of them. Their Olive Light is a pretty good match for me because it's yellow-toned as opposed to other brands where olive has a greenish cast that you may or may not need.

Not a fan of Bare Minerals, my skin looked terrible with it. The color was way off, because the shade range isn't extensive and the a lot of the undertones are neutral. Try Milan Minerals instead.

ETA: Opps, I see you're already been there, done that. Glad you like it though!

Hi littleJade! Thanks for the feedback and I am so glad it helped :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Have you found your perfect match yet?

I have always been a bit confused by "Olive" :tocktock: I agree with you in some brands, it looks more yellow/golden, in others it's more cool/greenish.

And also.. I have found that foundation shades named "Golden" also sometimes have a "yellow-greenish-cool" cast. I think I lean towards the "yellow-peach-warm" end of the Yellow range if that makes sense. And it's really hard to find this shade on its own, without having to mix. Thank goodness for brands like Milan, Lauress and Meow :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I may have to check out M.A.D....

I'm definitely checking out Meow and Milan ASAP due to all the raves I've heard lol

Was just getting ready to try Bare Minerals...glad I checked here first. This post was very helpful...thanks!!!

and thanks for the MEOW Cosmetics info...ordered a lot of samples. I'm bound to find the right color!!!! :rotfl:

Hey Lili, I only just saw this! I decided that M.A.D's Olive Light isn't that good a match for me after all. Lumiere's VV Med Golden matches me well (the Lt-Med Goldens were a bit too light) and you already know I found matches in Jenulence Butternut and Yellow Beige. I'm a yellow-peach too!

Congratulations!

It sounds like you are getting on the right path. You have found one MMU that works for you. I'm sure if you keep sampling you could find something that will be (possibly) a better match for you. That's kinda how it works somtimes. :rotfl: Sometimes your first match doesn't wind up being your HG. I know my first match wasn't.

Meow is a good brand. You may like it alot if you get a match. I don't know about Milan. I've not tried it. I'm sure some other girls can give you info about Milan.

So far I've only tried monave and i'm waiting on my Milan samples, but take note that Monave's Brandy is a bronzer, not matte

Back