Best natural lipliners

Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews

Help Support Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews:

Joined
Jan 20, 2004
Messages
227
Reaction score
0
I've been looking at MAC Subculture lipliner, and trying to decide if I should get it. Anyone like this one? It looks like a nice, light pink liner. Or any recommendations for similar colors? Esp. cheaper brands?

Thanks


 
Joined
Jan 20, 2004
Messages
1,124
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by alittleweirdo I've been looking at MAC Subculture lipliner, and trying to decide if I should get it. Anyone like this one? It looks like a nice, light pink liner. Or any recommendations for similar colors? Esp. cheaper brands?Thanks


Check out English Ideas Lip enhancer..it's a light to med.pink that morphs to match your lip tone.Also neutralizes pigmented lips if applied all over so you can wear shades that ond't usually work on you
 
Joined
Sep 27, 2003
Messages
11,114
Reaction score
4,213
Thanks for the tip! It's out of stock on sephora
I wanted to order it so bad.

 
Joined
Dec 14, 2003
Messages
713
Reaction score
2
Hey girl! You have me sold on this. Where else besides Sephora can I get this? Originally Posted by allisong Check out English Ideas Lip enhancer..it's a light to med.pink that morphs to match your lip tone.Also neutralizes pigmented lips if applied all over so you can wear shades that ond't usually work on you
 
Joined
Jan 20, 2004
Messages
1,124
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by Tinydancer Hey girl! You have me sold on this. Where else besides Sephora can I get this? Hey TinyD..Sephora is where I usually get mine..I'll do some research and get back to you on that
 
Joined
Sep 27, 2003
Messages
11,114
Reaction score
4,213
It's back in stock at sephora! I can't wait to get it!


 
Joined
Apr 14, 2004
Messages
796
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by allisong Check out English Ideas Lip enhancer..it's a light to med.pink that morphs to match your lip tone.Also neutralizes pigmented lips if applied all over so you can wear shades that ond't usually work on you Alli - you've sold me on this as well. A lip liner experience...that didn't help: I was at my local MAC counter a few weeks ago, trying to find the Lipglass Tasti in Tastease, but they were out, so this SA gives me another lipglass to try. She insisted it was a Tasti, but I knew it wasn't (didn't have a dessert name, and smelled/tasted like modeling clay). It was such a pale pink that it made me look dead. THEN she gives me this lipliner that does *nothing* to help the look. I was thinking - what in the world? She should have started with a darker color lipglass, if anything. I couldn't wait to get away and wipe it all off. I looked ridiculous!
 
Joined
Jan 20, 2004
Messages
1,124
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by Kage_sCupotea Alli - you've sold me on this as well. A lip liner experience...that didn't help: I was at my local MAC counter a few weeks ago, trying to find the Lipglass Tasti in Tastease, but they were out, so this SA gives me another lipglass to try. She insisted it was a Tasti, but I knew it wasn't (didn't have a dessert name, and smelled/tasted like modeling clay). It was such a pale pink that it made me look dead. THEN she gives me this lipliner that does *nothing* to help the look. I was thinking - what in the world? She should have started with a darker color lipglass, if anything. I couldn't wait to get away and wipe it all off. I looked ridiculous! Kage..You really do need to check it out..I believe you'll be extremely please..
 
Joined
Jan 20, 2004
Messages
227
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by allisong Check out English Ideas Lip enhancer..it's a light to med.pink that morphs to match your lip tone.Also neutralizes pigmented lips if applied all over so you can wear shades that ond't usually work on you Thanks for the rec! That sounds like just what I need
I do have pigmented lips, and could use a liner to neutralize the color! I had an MA suggest using foundation on my lips and then a liner, but if I can get the same effect with just a liner that would be great!

 
Joined
Nov 25, 2003
Messages
329
Reaction score
1
Avon Spice pencil is good. Garden Botanika is good. I find wood much better than plastic for maintaining liners.

 
Joined
Apr 14, 2004
Messages
796
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by GR8FISCH Avon Spice pencil is good. Garden Botanika is good. I find wood much better than plastic for maintaining liners. Ack - where do you find Garden Botanika? I miss them!!! (As far as I know, they closed a bunch of stores...)
 
Joined
Jan 20, 2004
Messages
227
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by Kage_sCupotea Ack - where do you find Garden Botanika? I miss them!!! (As far as I know, they closed a bunch of stores...) Garden Botanika closed all of their retail stores, but they're still online. You can order online, or they send catalogues out. Also, I've seen some of their bath and body products at Nordstrom. Not sure if it's at all Nordstrom's yet. and I didn't see any makeup. But they are still around!
 
Joined
Feb 17, 2004
Messages
1,992
Reaction score
1
I second Allisong's recommendation. She told me about it and I bought it. It's now a staple in my bag forever and ever and ever. It's the H.G. of lip liners/enhancers/foundations. The color is so pretty and soft and natural. I shall never ever ever ever ever even look at another pencil in my life.



 
Joined
Apr 14, 2004
Messages
796
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by alittleweirdo Garden Botanika closed all of their retail stores, but they're still online. You can order online, or they send catalogues out. Also, I've seen some of their bath and body products at Nordstrom. Not sure if it's at all Nordstrom's yet. and I didn't see any makeup. But they are still around! Thanks.
Yeah, Cali said they still have a store by where she's from, and she gave me the link. I guess once before when I went to the online link, they didn't have much to order online, but that was a long time ago. Now you can actually order my old faves online! Yay!!!
 
Joined
Apr 14, 2004
Messages
796
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by Californian I second Allisong's recommendation. She told me about it and I bought it. It's now a staple in my bag forever and ever and ever. It's the H.G. of lip liners/enhancers/foundations. The color is so pretty and soft and natural. I shall never ever ever ever ever even look at another pencil in my life. The two of you have convinced me! I need this lipliner!
 
Joined
Sep 27, 2003
Messages
11,114
Reaction score
4,213
Allisong you were so right about this liner! It's the greatest nude liner, no orange just perfect nude. I'm so glad I decided to get one. Thanks tons Allison!!!

 
Joined
Feb 17, 2004
Messages
1,992
Reaction score
1
Originally Posted by Reija(admin) Allisong you were so right about this liner! It's the greatest nude liner, no orange just perfect nude. I'm so glad I decided to get one. Thanks tons Allison!!! Yep... I agree. I got one via Allison's recommendation too. She needs a prize for this. This is the holy grail of lip pencils!Here's your prize, Allisong-->


 
Joined
Jan 20, 2004
Messages
1,124
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by Californian Yep... I agree. I got one via Allison's recommendation too. She needs a prize for this. This is the holy grail of lip pencils!Here's your prize, Allisong-->


Hey..Thanks Ry but I'm not really into beefcake..How about some Jon BonJovi ..Now he is tasty
 
Joined
Apr 14, 2004
Messages
796
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by Californian Yep... I agree. I got one via Allison's recommendation too. She needs a prize for this. This is the holy grail of lip pencils!Here's your prize, Allisong-->


He's taking his clothes off, Cali!
roflol!!!
 
Joined
Feb 17, 2004
Messages
1,992
Reaction score
1
Originally Posted by allisong Hey..Thanks Ry but I'm not really into beefcake..How about some Jon BonJovi ..Now he is tasty OH?! You say you want a little Bonjovi? Looks like you've already had a little Bonjovi. I found this picture of you two getting close in the airplane. Looks like you have some explaining to do!! Ryan

<--- darn love birds!

 

Latest posts

Top