Best of 2012 Halloween lashes?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by randerso /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just picked these up for my halloween costume, they look spectacular! I have never done fake lashes before, ever. 
icon_eek.gif
 Do you guys have any recommendations for glue? Otherwise they are one use only, no?

I noticed these eyelashes on sale for $1 at Sephora.com: http://www.sephora.com/false-eye-lashes-P167712
My personal preference is for the Duo glue that has a wand applicator. I apply glue to my lash line, not the falsies, and when ready I place the false lashes. Backwards to how just about everybody does it, but it works for me. I have much more success that way.

Originally Posted by internetchick /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My personal preference is for the Duo glue that has a wand applicator. I apply glue to my lash line, not the falsies, and when ready I place the false lashes. Backwards to how just about everybody does it, but it works for me. I have much more success that way.
I'll be trying this way as I'm a total lash n00b trying them out for the first time for halloween. The idea of applying glue to a lash then to my face will be a total fail for me.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Interesting way to do it. I'm going to have to try that.
Originally Posted by bbbrandnewww /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'll be trying this way as I'm a total lash n00b trying them out for the first time for halloween. The idea of applying glue to a lash then to my face will be a total fail for me.

I saw a guru on YouTube do it way back when, only she used an orange stick (I think). I didn't try it that way because I was worried about poking my eye. When Duo came out with a version with an applicator I tried it and voila! I forget the username, but her blog is frantasticmakeup.com

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You saved me the trouble of having to start a new one on the Wet 'n' Wild lashes. I bought all six versions for 2012 but am probably going to return them since I paid full price and these are going on sale tomorrow.

​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
Retail: $4.99​
 ​
Check at Fred Meyer (Pacific NW) for their B1G1 50% off sale. Not sure when that sale ends though (which maybe tonight).​
I will go for second one!!!

where else would these be available?  i dont think we have a fred meyer store around here?

Originally Posted by JNiccolai /img/forum/go_quote.gif

where else would these be available?  i dont think we have a fred meyer store around here?
I bought these at ShopKo. I've also seen these at Fred Meyer (Pacific NW). I think Walmart, Walgreens and RiteAid also sell these lashes but off hand I can't remember if they do or don't.

The biggest problem I had was getting the inner corners to align with the curve of my lid.  I probably just need more practice in placing them and/or they may need a slight trimming.  Overall though, I like them! 

I just bought the Cleopatra ones. I'll put up the look on here once I get 'em on! :)

****edit**** Okay so here's the lashes!

(sorry if that eye is wild-creepy-looking! just making sure you could see the gems)

My review of these lashes: 8/10!

The reason why I give them an 8 because they were a little difficult to get out of the package. The lashes were stuck to the plastic they come in and a few strands fell out! Also, they are a little difficult to get on. I've done fake eyelashes before just fine and these were tricky because they tend to want to lie straight (which makes it difficult to see). Just to also warn you the gems are really touchy! One of them fell off, but luckly I was able to find it and glue it back on! Overall, I really do like them. They are so pretty and I'm glad I tried them (definatly want to try the vampire ones!!).

P.s: I think my eyes are allergic to the eyelash glue these come with. My eyes burned instantly like crazy and they started watering so bad I couldn't see! Has anyone else had that? Instead I used E.L.F's clear eyelash glue that came with the $1 pair I bought. Lemme say, that stuff is VERY nice.

Very cool, almost an animalistic look! 

The ones I tried wanted to lay straight as well.  I had no problems with the glue though.

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Super cute! Has anyone ever told you that you look like a mix of Sasha Pieterse and Nicole Anderson?? lol 
 haha nope! but looking at their pictures i think i can see it a little bit. a lot of people think i look asian too. lol

Originally Posted by mizjmakeup /img/forum/go_quote.gif

haha nope! but looking at their pictures i think i can see it a little bit. a lot of people think i look asian too. lol
lol I saw that last picture of you and I was like "why does she look so familiar???" then I figured it out.

Back