Best spray or water to apply minerals wet

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
does any1 have a favorite type of spray or water to apply minerals? ive been using a moisture spray and i think its making the minerals cake up for some reason ,so now im on the look out for a new 1,any suggestions,wow this mmu thing is very complicated,right brush,right moisturizer,right water etc,but i still love the results:)thats why i didnt give up

I am using Fit+ spray from MAC. It's awesome!!

Have you checked out Thais' tut on appling it wet? That's where I learned and it worked the best for me :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I think lots of the girls here use MAC's fix+ (and it's on my wish list!) but at the moment I'm using The Body Shop'e vitamin e spray and it works ok (and is cheaper that Fix+) - I'm hoping that fix+ will help with staying power though...

I use Body Shop Vitamin E spray whn I want to apply my mineral eye shadow wet. I find it makes the pigment smoother than water does and you're moisturising at the same time.

I don;t use any spray after applying my mmu. Do I need to be doing that????

I did not know you were supposed to do that. Mine has staying power already. Thanks

no your not supposed to do that,but they say it helps set and melt your mmu into your face for a more natural look ,i guess

I'd be curious what exactly is in the body shop vitamin e spray - is it just diluted vitamin e oil or does it have other ingredients too? I'd think you could probably make somehting like that yourself.

The spray I use currently is actually a homemade one and i think it works fine (but I have no comparison, have never used any store bought sprays) - I use distilled water, a big glob of aloe vera gel, some glycerin, a few drops of oil (jojoba most of th etime, but I'll try vit e next time).

thats what i was thinking to make my own spray:) and im also working on making my own finishing powder,i hope it turns out ok,do you spray that on before or after mmu?

I apply one shade wet on my face and another very very thin layer dry and the spray the Fix+ on top of it all.

You may also want to look into a primer, if you don't already use one!

How does this work. Do you spray your face and apply mineral foundation immediately? Are you talking about just shadow or foundation as well? I was always told to make sure my moisturizer was dry before applying minerals. If spraying makes a difference and makes it cover better then i am all for that. I just need to know how to do it. I can not check any tutorial's yet as I am new and it states I have to post 10 before being aloud to do so.

Back