Birchbox: December 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I asked and this is what they said

Originally Posted by gemstone /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yeah but it doesn't include the aromatic body serum.
Hi Alexandria,

We sent Birchbox all of the samples we made of the aromatic body serums. We are not debuting the oils on our own website until after the New Year so we will not produce additional body oil samples until after Christmas. We will try and offer these in trial packs at that time. Our sample packs have been extremely popular so we will do our best to offer body oil sample packs as well. Check on our site after January 1st for more information about body serum sample packs.   The sample packs are single use samples that range from 3-5 ml and the Birchbox samples are 8 ml. However, the 8 ml sample is exclusive to Birchbox and we won't reproduce those.   One of the reasons we created the body oils is that I hate lotion! I have never liked the sticky feels it leaves on the skin. A light body oil however is very silky and light and leaves the skin beautifully scented. The Neroli has been extremely popular!   Please let us know if you have any additional questions.   Warmly, Suzanne

On Tue, Nov 13, 2012 at 7:18 PM,  wrote:
You have received a message from One Love Organics. Message details are as follows:

Date and Time: Wednesday 14th November 2012 00:18:41

Message: Hi, I heard about your company through birchbox, and I really liked their product spotlight video on the body serum. I wanted to know if there was a way to get a sample of the body serum in Neroli and Rose. I see that there are sample packs for sale, and I was wondering how big are the samples, the size of what was sent in the birchboxes? And if they are, I wanted to know if there is a way to guarentee that I get the Neroli and Rose because those especially are the ones I wanted to try. Im really intrigued with the idea of a body serum rather than a lotion. If its not possible, I totally understand, but im dying to try the Neroli out because thats one of my favorite scents.

sooo tempted to join, just for the Mary Lou Manizer! I requested an invite yesterday I think, so I don't think I'll get December :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> and is the Mary Lou Manizer a full size?

literally looked down and my thumb and went---->  D:   k maybe not... I have ipsy, BA and Julep as monthly subs I should stop there, since now it's my bf's turn to pay for everything, cuz it's his fault I can't work...

So just to confirm--are all 'welcome' gifted boxes for each month the same? That box looks pretty great :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />. Is the Mary Lou Manizer about the same size as the Ipsy eyeshadow sample? 

So just to confirm--are all 'welcome' gifted boxes for each month the same? That box looks pretty great :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />. Is the Mary Lou Manizer about the same size as the Ipsy eyeshadow sample? 
Yep..about the same size.

Originally Posted by americanclassic /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Actually, the Mary Lou is a bit bigger:

Perfume samples don'ts seem to be popular around here, but I quite like getting them, and I hope Birchbox partners with more perfume makers for December's box. I'd love it if the Birchbox store offered more perfumes. *Cough* Flowerbomb *Cough*

Originally Posted by queenofperil /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Perfume samples don'ts seem to be popular around here, but I quite like getting them, and I hope Birchbox partners with more perfume makers for December's box. I'd love it if the Birchbox store offered more perfumes. *Cough* Flowerbomb *Cough*
I actually love getting perfume samples too! I have a nice perfume sample stash that I reach for often. It's fun to mix things up every now and then.

Originally Posted by lovelywhim /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I actually love getting perfume samples too! I have a nice perfume sample stash that I reach for often. It's fun to mix things up every now and then.
Yes, I gripe about perfume samples, but I have managed to amass a huge (like 100 pieces) collection of samples and haven't bought perfume in a long time. I own 3, The Original Juicy Couture, DKNY Be Delicious and the sadly discontinued Betsey Johnson one, (not tutu) < as you can tell, quite "young" scents

I dropped a hint to my mom about absolutely loving the Lady Gaga Perfume at Nordies yesterday. They have fill your own samples and since I used up the entire sample I got in less than a week. I made two more for myself... :DD

She got two of the Balenciaga scents, which I hope she likes, it's a hassle for my dad to go to Tiffany's to buy her her "signature" perfume. 

I stopped buying perfume once I started getting samples.  Even thought there are some I really love and am sad to run out of, I never stay in love with fragrance long enough to finish full size bottles.  My mom has a graveyard of perfumes I broke up with.

Originally Posted by Jennifer Love /img/forum/go_quote.gif

popc1.gif

That's so cute!

Originally Posted by gemstone /img/forum/go_quote.gif

If they won't send you samples of the oil, I also really like the body oils weleda makes ones I also really like and you can check them out at target.  (Although, now I might put mine into a spritzer bottle after using the OLO ones.)
I just purchased c. Booth Original Bath and Body oil.   Its very similar to the OLO sample I got in the chamomile scent.  The texture is similar, and the fragrance smells similar to me, though not exactly the same.  Both are light textured oils.  The c. Booths is a natural product, though not organic.  I didnt compare ingredients.  I'm sure the OLO is probably a "better" product, but I really do like the c. Booth's.

I actually decanted some of the Booths into my empty OLO spray bottle.  The c.Booth's is a lot less expensive.  I purchased this before I knew I was getting the OLO in my Birchbox, and didnt know that OLO existed. 

I'm a big fan of Weleda's Arnica oil.  I have arthritis but also spend a lot of time in the gym and the Arnica oil helps a lot with sore joints and muscles.  Which Weleda oil do you use?

Originally Posted by lovelywhim /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I used to be a perfume snob and for years would only use Chanel Allure Sensuale (not the regular Chanel Allure, it had to be the Sensuale or nothing!), but then I joined Birchbox and Sample Society and started getting perfume samples. I'm still very fussy about perfumes, but I have found several that I really do like.  Most of them I like for as long as my sample lasts and then I'm done with it, but I did purchase the small Hello from Birchbox and the Anick Goutal fragrances for the summer months. 

I'm not a fan of fruity scents or the ones that smell like food.  (I love the smell of gingerbread, but I dont want to smell like one! ), except I do like the citrusy scents for the summertime. My beloved Chanel is a warm oriental type of fragrance, and its a little heavy.   I also really love the fragrance sample that came in November's Sample Society (I forget the name), and might purchase that one as a Christmas gift to myself.  

I use the perfume samples that I don't wear I use as room sprays.  The ones that aren't sprays I put on a cotton ball in a little dish.  My house smells beautiful!

Originally Posted by queenofperil /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I would love a sample of Flowerbomb!  I was going to purchase it over the summer and bought Hello from Birchbox instead.  I forgot all about Flowerbomb until you mentioned it.  I read that there is a spicy Flowerbomb now too.  I would love samples of both!

Originally Posted by mellee /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I recieved the Marylou in my Birchbox, and the Matt Batali in my Ipsy too!  I would love it if either Birchbox or Ipsy would sample more of the Meet Matt palette colors, or just another little The Balm product sample would be nice.

Originally Posted by marybbryant /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I use the perfume samples that I don't wear I use as room sprays.  The ones that aren't sprays I put on a cotton ball in a little dish.  My house smells beautiful!
I do this too! Sometimes I just really want to use up a sample, and this is such a quick way to do that!

I recieved the Marylou in my Birchbox, and the Matt Batali in my Ipsy too!  I would love it if either Birchbox or Ipsy would sample more of the Meet Matt palette colors, or just another little The Balm product sample would be nice.
Lol. I traded my 4.5 oz. DDF cleanser from the October box for a Mary-Lou Manizer sample just so I could see how big it was. I think it was a good trade. Also, I luv perfume samples, even if they smell nasty. I can always give away the ones I don't like.

Originally Posted by peridotcricket /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Lol. I traded my 4.5 oz. DDF cleanser from the October box for a Mary-Lou Manizer sample just so I could see how big it was. I think it was a good trade.

Also, I luv perfume samples, even if they smell nasty. I can always give away the ones I don't like.
That does sound like a good trade!  I think the Mary-Lou Manizer is a pretty generous sized sample, and we seem to get a lot more cleansers than makeup products like the Mary-Lou. 

Back