Birchbox Man April 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Box pics are up and for all you who were upset about the socks you are getting 2 pairs at least :)

Originally Posted by emily9763 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Box pics are up and for all you who were upset about the socks you are getting 2 pairs at least :)
Hmmm I don't know for sure, but I think they will only send one pair because most of the time the clothing comes in pairs like the t-shirts and the boxers, but they only sent one. But if they send two that would be awesome! And I will totally steal that Clarks Botanicals from my boyfriend. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

My fiance is getting the box with socks. I am glad they are sending 2 pairs (I assume they are since the box picture shows 2 pairs) to make it even with those getting the speaker. The speaker is definitely cool, and he would be happy if he got it, but the socks will be way more useful to him. Overall as long as he gets 2 pairs of socks he will not be disappointed.

Hey, does anybody know the new URL's that access the different box variations? I tried the usual format I've used for the past few months but it just defaults to the homepage. My box contained...

-The Triple C Speaker: GREAT item that made me really happy about the box overall

-Oribe Moisturizing Cream: Kind of weird, hate the packaging, but I suppose it's good for a leave in conditioner (though I didn't feel like it actually moisturized my hair)

-Yes to Carrots Mint Lip Balm: AWESOME stuff! I was so happy after trying this - it literally is like butter on your lips that then melts over the course of an hour and actually feels like it's sinking into your skin. Very effective, strong, and well / safely formulated - no more blistex!

-Atelier Cologne: I appreciated the packaging and fragrance, but wished it had been given in a bottle with a spray nozzle. Would be (IMO) better with a bit more citrus, but it's definitely subtly "macho" at the same time.

-Kiehl's Energizing Facial Wash: I already own this and enjoy it for use in the shower after waking up with a horrible hangover. It has a great menthol kick that you can feel tingling when applying it and helps wake you up for sure. It's very poor in terms of oil control (for me, at least) and exfoliation, so don't buy this product if that's what you desired.

I was really happy with this month's box after February and March's boxes, but I still wish I was getting more products like the lip balm - much more niche, unheard-of, and fresh to a consumer who is willing to subscribe to a monthly beauty / grooming box without knowing what they're going to get.

My fiance finally opened his box yesterday and he was missing the NUXE Men moisturizing multi purpose gel sample. Birchbox is giving us 100 points but he would rather have the sample. I'm happy for the points at least but its still pretty irritating to be missing samples you are supposed to get

I just watched an unboxing video and there is  2 pairs of socks in the boxes with socks. And the socks the guy received are different than what the picture shows (they looked a lot more tame). I showed my fiance and he was excited about the socks. Earlier today he threw out the pair he received last year so he is happy to replace it with 2 more pairs. Now I am just waiting for him to get a 20% off code so I can steal his $40 in points!

Confirming the two pairs - my fiancé just got his box today!

We just got back from vacation...hubby was *happy* with his box this month....even with the wild socks.  LOL  Much better than last month.  We were waiting to see this month to see if we'd cancel.  But...we're back on for now!   :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

APRIL 2013 Gentlemen,

With winter behind us and an expanse of sun-drenched days ahead, there’s only one thing to be done: Turn up the volume…on everything. Crank up your speakers, jog that extra mile, add a couple dashes of hot sauce to your sandwich, and flash some color at the ankle—the knobs on this month’s assortment go all the way to eleven.

Cheers, Birchbox Man
Shop New Products
mb6_415x330_2.jpg

Back