Birchbox Man March 2014 (SPOILERS)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So it looks like its a T-shirt, a cologne sample, a toothpaste and some supplements. Not terrible but would I pay $20 for this??? This is our last box and won't be re-subbing. 

Quote: Originally Posted by RenoFab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  So it looks like its a T-shirt, a cologne sample, a toothpaste and some supplements. Not terrible but would I pay $20 for this??? This is our last box and won't be re-subbing. 
Getting the same box here I think, box 32?  I'm pretty meh about it... was happy to get to pick the shirt instead of getting stuck with something that would never get used such as a shoe horn at least, but 4 items??  And one of them is a cologne sample, which could presumably be obtained for free.  Womp womp

Quote: Originally Posted by ShannonHey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Getting the same box here I think, box 32?  I'm pretty meh about it... was happy to get to pick the shirt instead of getting stuck with something that would never get used such as a shoe horn at least, but 4 items??  And one of them is a cologne sample, which could presumably be obtained for free.  Womp womp
Agree!!! Perfume samples have no value!!! This is really a 3 item box and that is not really acceptable for a $20 sub. 

Quote:Originally Posted by ShannonHey /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Right!? My hubby would've been happy with the t-shirt actually, WAY happier than the stupid shoe horn. I'm still mad about it today, haha... And I'm going to be mad all over again when the box arrives, I'm sure!

Anyone else have odd tracking info this month and/or 2 seperate packages?

Package 1:

Tracking Number
Reference Number
BB9843731
Status
Unknown
Destination
Pittsburgh, PA 15210-0000

Date Time Description Location 2/22/2014 07:06 PM Your Birchbox Man has been born! Mount Juliet, TN 37122

Package 2:
Tracking Number
Reference Number
BB9843731
Status
Unknown
Destination
Pittsburgh, PA 15210-0000
Carrier United States Postal Service - Parcel Select Lightweight Delivery Confirmation
Estimated Delivery Date
02/27/14
Date Time Description Location 2/25/2014 11:19 AM Accepted by USPS PITTSBURGH, PA 15210 2/25/2014 11:19 AM The postal service has received your box and will be delivering it to you shortly. Get ready for some product awesomeness. PITTSBURGH, PA 15210 2/24/2014 04:07 PM Your box has launched! It's on its way to you now. Fishers, IN 46037 2/24/2014 03:33 PM Electronic Information Sent to USPS Fishers, IN 46037 2/24/2014 03:33 PM Electronic Information Received by USPS   2/24/2014 10:15 AM Inducted into Newgistics Network Fishers, IN 46037 2/23/2014 08:22 AM Your Birchbox Man has been born! Mount Juliet, TN 37122

@Emily9763 -- What on earth?? Haha that is hilarious, but definitely strange. Do they usually put all that commentary on the package tracking? I've never actually looked at the tracking before. I do wonder why you have two packages? My tracking says unavailable still even though the tracking number showed up a couple of days ago..

Quote: Originally Posted by Rachel S /img/forum/go_quote.gif

@Emily9763 -- What on earth?? Haha that is hilarious, but definitely strange. Do they usually put all that commentary on the package tracking? I've never actually looked at the tracking before.

I do wonder why you have two packages? My tracking says unavailable still even though the tracking number showed up a couple of days ago..
NO it has definitely never had those comments in the tracking haha. It actually got delivered when I was at the gym and this was the most recent:

Estimated Delivery Date

02/26/14
Date Time Description Location 2/26/2014 09:14 AM The time is near: Your Birchbox Man is out for delivery. Was that the doorbell just now? PITTSBURGH, PA 15210
My husband should be home in an hour or so to open it... he is getting the tshirt and 3 very small items so they could absolutely all fit in one box... Who knows! I only got the "Your box has shipped" email last night at 9:30pm so i certainly wasn't expecting it to come today already.

When I click on my tracking number on the birchbox website it says that no shipping info is available yet but when I click on the one from the email it takes me to the site that shows the 2 packages.... Maybe it is just a tracking number error or something!

Quote: Originally Posted by RenoFab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Agree!!! Perfume samples have no value!!! This is really a 3 item box and that is not really acceptable for a $20 sub. 
The picture finally updated on the box page, and its actually even lamer than I thought possible... The vitamins come individually in foil packets, so 2 vitamins, and the "Luster whitening set" is a mini toothpaste...  So this box contains a basic t-shirt, mini toothpaste (worth about $2 tops), two vitamins, and a cologne sample.  I would be laughing if I hadn't already paid for it.

Quote: Originally Posted by ShannonHey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  The picture finally updated on the box page, and its actually even lamer than I thought possible... The vitamins come individually in foil packets, so 2 vitamins, and the "Luster whitening set" is a mini toothpaste...  So this box contains a basic t-shirt, mini toothpaste (worth about $2 tops), two vitamins, and a cologne sample.  I would be laughing if I hadn't already paid for it.
SOOOOOOO LAME!!!! Glad it's our last month. 
mad.gif

Definitely agree about the fragrance samples not really having much value.  You can go to sephora and they'll fill up a decent sized spray vial of a cologne for you if you want to try it.  Super disappointed in this box and it's definitely going to be the last bb man box we get.

Quote:Originally Posted by ShannonHey /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Well, look at it this way... You could've gotten a shoe horn :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Mr. Disco got his box in today and the English Laundry deodorant is full size.  So with that and the tie, his box value is at $70.  I know he'll like the billy jealousy scrub and he said the cologne sample smells nice.  He's happy so I can't complain too much.   :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Although this does make the fact that they were trying to charge us $20 to add on a crap ass DIY necklace or 2 bottle of nail polish even more of a WTF.

Quote: Originally Posted by disconik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Mr. Disco got his box in today and the English Laundry deodorant is full size.  So with that and the tie, his box value is at $70.  I know he'll like the billy jealousy scrub and he said the cologne sample smells nice.  He's happy so I can't complain too much.   :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Although this does make the fact that they were trying to charge us $20 to add on a crap ass DIY necklace or 2 bottle of nail polish even more of a WTF.

Ha I did some digging and found that the drinkwel vitamins are actually available through their website in a free sample in the exact quantity that BB sends out.... so not only is the cologne something I consider worthless, so is the drinkwel!  The only other items being a basic black t-shirt valued at $20 and a mini toothpaste valued at $4 max based on the price of the set, that's some pretty big box value discrepancy!  

Back