Bismuth or No Bismuth

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by LisaLu /img/forum/go_quote.gif I found this link when I googled.
Mineral Makeup and Bismuth Oxychloride - PulseVibe Knowledge Base

Bismuth Oxychloride is kin to arsenic and isn't natural!
scared.gif
That explains alot.
Wow! That article is very interesting. Check it out ya'll!

Originally Posted by princesstoni /img/forum/go_quote.gif lol.. majority say no bismuth, i find that interesting considering how popular BE is.. BE has been around for 3 decades and so they're considered a pioneer in premium mineral-based cosmetics. They market and distribute their products through many channels like infomercials, home shopping TV, specialty beauty retailers, company-owned boutiques, spas, salons and online shopping. They're everywhere! And their brand loyalty is the stuff of marketers' dreams.

Originally Posted by Savvy_lover /img/forum/go_quote.gif okej i found on la bella donna site a mineral makeup site that says this... are they lying?"Bismuth Oxychloride - anti-inflammatory properties"

Lol, probably... I'm sure there's some sort of factual property that they base this statement off of, but considering all the other properties/effects it has, I think they override this one "benefit." The place I always go for any ingredient/marketing hype/need-the-real-deal question is thebeautybrains.com. These ladies are geniuses and really give you the true info on what works, what doesn't, and why.
I myself have never used anything with bismuth in it (besides a half a day of wearing BE from a free demo at Ulta), so I don't know if it would cause a negative reaction on my skin, but after hearing so much about all it's bad potential (and ESPECIALLY because BE is so expensive), I'm not even going to risk it. If you like the glow though, I'd totally recommend Aromaleigh's Luminesce Divine Finishing Powder. Gives you the look without the ook, lol.
smile.gif
(I actually just posted about this.)

Originally Posted by princesstoni /img/forum/go_quote.gif lol.. majority say no bismuth, i find that interesting considering how popular BE is.. Yeah, exactly! One of the many reasons I am so anti-hype. I won't try anything just because people are crazy about it... that doesn't actually tell you anything definitive about the quality of the prodct. BE is the best case of this!
Why don't people think before they spend loads of money???
tocktock.gif
confused.gif

Originally Posted by princesstoni /img/forum/go_quote.gif lol.. majority say no bismuth, i find that interesting considering how popular BE is.. Well I think that's because a lot of the girls on here know about all the different brands and internet brands of mmu and most of the world doesn't. Since BE is so widely advertised it's more popular.

Originally Posted by kaylin_marie /img/forum/go_quote.gif Well I think that's because a lot of the girls on here know about all the different brands and internet brands of mmu and most of the world doesn't. Since BE is so widely advertised it's more popular. GOOD point!

Back