Black nailpolish?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I wanted to do this today. I've seen it on others and I like it although not sure what I think about it on myself. I think my bf would hate it lol. Do you guys do it- what do you think when you see someone wearing this color- yay or nay?!

I do it every once in awhile. Whenever I really feel like it. lol!
smile.gif
If you want to try it out, I say go for it!

can look good, can look trashy. I think the key is keeping it as chip-free as possible and having slightly longer than nail bed length nails to carry it off.

its hard to maintain but if it's just for one night or you're happy redoing it then for sure I'd go for it
biggrin.gif

If you keep nails shortish and square it can work really well. Totally agree on keeping it chip free!

I love black nail polish. I keep my nails short and squared and well maintained which is why I can pull off black polish so well. But it can come across a little wicked and look trashy in some instances. I think you should try it out for a few days with a high gloss like top coat to show it off some more and if you dont like it then, dont wear it. I think many people can pull off black...its just portrayed by the attitude you have wearing it.

Originally Posted by JordanGalore /img/forum/go_quote.gif I love black nail polish. I keep my nails short and squared and well maintained which is why I can pull off black polish so well. But it can come across a little wicked and look trashy in some instances. I think you should try it out for a few days with a high gloss like top coat to show it off some more and if you dont like it then, dont wear it. I think many people can pull off black...its just portrayed by the attitude you have wearing it. I agree!

I wear it maybe 2-3 times a year, and not for very long, because it chips and looks tacky!

John hates black polish... But he's a-okay with LPAD on me... WTF! Anywho! I like it... If all else, I wear it on my toes. It can be a witch to get off though!

i'd say try it out. and if you don't want to wear black, get a dark purple like opi's midnight in moscow. that's what i wear... it's a really dark purple but looks black. so if someone's like, 'oh wow. black nailpolish!,' you can say, 'no, it's purple!' lol
smile.gif

I think black polish can be very beautiful and chick depending on the clothes you wear.

i think it depends on your style and overall attitude. if you have a dash of rocknroll in your veins, go for it
wink.gif
like the other said, just keep it chip free, and i cannot recommend you enough you use a base before or it will stain a bit your nails for a few days.

I love black nail polish. I usually wear a very dark brown that looks black on my fingers and toes.

Yeh black nail polish does look nice on some people but others dont really suit it! i dont normally wear black nail polish but when im feeling it then ...why not! i usually wear this cherry red nail polish its shimmerys its goregous! xoxo

I love black polish, I have it on right now actually. It has a little bit of a sparkle in it too. I agree that with black nails you have to have them short or it looks trashy.

i think black nail polish can be sexy, sofisticated, or goth. but, it depends on your mood and personality. i like it.

Latest posts

Back