Black stuff coming out of my face brush!!!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This morning I noticed that my face brush needed a washing, so I did my usual wash with natural soap. I left it out to dry and when I came home I checked to see if it was dry yet, but it was still wet and the water that came out was black. So I washed it again with natrual soap, and still balck water. Washed again with shampoo, thinking that maybe my brush was just really filthy. I just went back to check and the water is still coming out black!! I swear I've spent a good twenty minuted rinsing and lathering this brush. I think the water is running clear, but then when I check again it is still black. What is this black stuff!? I can't believe that I could have let it get THAT filthy and dirty. can I save this brush or should I just throw it away?

My BE Heavenly Face Brush and EDM Dual Eve Fiber Brush do the same time. Not so much now, but they did when they were new and I first washed them. It'll take a few washes, but it should be fine.

Yeah it is one of the BE brushes, but I've washed it before. I don't understand why there would be so much black stuff now. So I don't need to worry?

Originally Posted by suzukigrrl /img/forum/go_quote.gif Yeah it is one of the BE brushes, but I've washed it before. I don't understand why there would be so much black stuff now. So I don't need to worry? No, I wouldn't. My EDM brush will still do it from time to time, so I'm assuming it's the hair used. You should be fine. Although, I'd try to wash it until the water is as clear as you get it, as painful as that is. I generally squeeze the water out after shampooing AND rinsing to see how much black ick is still coming out.

I sure hope it's just the bristles dyed black! I still don't feel good about it. Even if it is just the dye, I still don't want the dye coming off on my face! I think this one is going up for swap.

Yes, as the ladies have said, many companies dye their bristles so that they look more uniform in color from brush to brush. Otherwise it would be impossible to offer consistency in appearance if they use natural bristles. Even synthetic bristles are dyed too, so it's not out of the ordinary for it to run black for a few washes.

Originally Posted by StereoXGirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif Are the bristles dyed black? Hi,
That's what I'm thinking....

Latest posts

Back