Brazil, anyone have any tips or info?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ok, just found out I'm probably moving to Brazil soon. I've gotta go look at properties pretty quickly. Anyone know the best cities and areas to live in? I think I'll be looking around Rio. I've only been there once a long time ago, but my man goes there a lot. I want to find a place I'll be happy living. Ugh! I'm trying to talk him into moving to France since I'm pretty fluent in French(or at least I used to be, haven't spoken in years) and I love it out there. But I guess I'll have to learn Portugese now cuz he's set on Brazil. I just know that I don't want to let him find our home.

I don't have any tips or info, but just wanted to know... why are you moving? Just curious.
smile.gif

Envy, don't know much about Brazil, but wish you luck. Knew someone who did a missionary in Sao Paulo but lost touch w/him. From what I understand, it's a beautiful country & rich & diverse in culture.

750x750_brazil_m.gif

I wanna come too.
redface.gif

Woah that's a big decision, relocating to another country & quickly! It must be exciting at the same time aswell. I can't help at all (sorry!) but just wanted to pop in and say ALL THE BEST with the move
biggrin.gif

Somewhere by the ocean is always a great place to start looking. try searching the major cities onine to see what they have going on. there might be online property sites too.

Originally Posted by wongy74 I don't have any tips or info, but just wanted to know... why are you moving? Just curious.
smile.gif
Lots of reason to why we're moving, cuz it's lower cost of living, cuz we're tired of LA. We both just really want to get out of the States. I'm trying to convince him to at least wait til the end of the year so we'll have more time to get stuff together. I think my arguments are working with him, so hopefully I won't have to rush and I can take time to find the right place. We might end up getting an apartment out there for now til we can move for real. But now I have my heart set on France
icon_cheesygrin.gif
, so maybe we can just get an apartment in Brazil and do a real move to France by next year. I think I can convince him by the end of the week that we can just get an apartment right now without having to completely uprrot ourselves. I'm hoping...

Originally Posted by envymi Lots of reason to why we're moving, cuz it's lower cost of living, cuz we're tired of LA. We both just really want to get out of the States. I'm trying to convince him to at least wait til the end of the year so we'll have more time to get stuff together. I think my arguments are working with him, so hopefully I won't have to rush and I can take time to find the right place. We might end up getting an apartment out there for now til we can move for real. But now I have my heart set on France
icon_cheesygrin.gif
, so maybe we can just get an apartment in Brazil and do a real move to France by next year. I think I can convince him by the end of the week that we can just get an apartment right now without having to completely uprrot ourselves. I'm hoping... Yeah.. thats a big decision! lol I guess you're pretty much made up your mind about moving out of the US totally... but the apt. idea in Brazil sounds good - you can keep your options open, and try it out for awhile to see how you like it... and it's much easier to pick up and leave from an apt. than from a house.
redface.gif
And if you decide that you do like it there, then you can always check out other cities, and then get a house if you decide to.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 Yeah.. thats a big decision! lol I guess you're pretty much made up your mind about moving out of the US totally... but the apt. idea in Brazil sounds good - you can keep your options open, and try it out for awhile to see how you like it... and it's much easier to pick up and leave from an apt. than from a house.
redface.gif
And if you decide that you do like it there, then you can always check out other cities, and then get a house if you decide to.
icon_cheesygrin.gif
Yeah we definitely want out of the States, but for some reason I do want a big house in Louisiana.

Originally Posted by envymi Yeah we definitely want out of the States, but for some reason I do want a big house in Louisiana. Plantation style? I love those!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

magnoliaplantationhouse.jpg

Wow, that's so great that you can just decide to leave and do it! I hope to be able to do that too someday.
icon_biggrin.gif
Good luck with your move... to France, with any luck!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Good luck with your move. My sister lives in Paris and she loves it. I have been to Paris 3 times and enjoyed my time there every time. France has really nice country sites also. Once you are in Europe, it will be so much fun because you'll be able to travel to the other countries. You will enjoy the history and the culture. I lived in Copenhagen, Denmark for a while and used to go to Sweden and Germany since they were so close. I miss it so much
icon_cry.gif

Originally Posted by envymi Yeah we definitely want out of the States, but for some reason I do want a big house in Louisiana.

I lived in Brazil for about 11 years. I would recommend the southeast. Florianopolis is amazing, Camboriu is also an AMAZING beach city, Curitiba, or Joinville where I lived. They are nice modern cities without the danger of Rio or Sau Paulo.

Latest posts

Back