Breaking up is hard.... But BB sure made it easy.

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've only been a member sense June. June was amazing. I got the full sized stila, the luna bar ( I ate it, it was okay), the tanning wipes which I actually liked, the stainiac was nice and then I also got wonderstruck and I loved it too. Then July came, it too was amazing. I got the full sized eye liner and the color club nail polish (I love nail polish and theirs works just as good as any other) a larabar, jouer face foundation or something which matched my skin and looked nice, the harvey prince perfume which smelled good and the headphones. which I liked, but I lost them now...... then we get to august... it was horrible. I already had the razor so I gave that away, I got the eye rock liner, horrible. Have not used it. I got the mint lip stuff which I hate because it burns so i'ved used it before but it basically just sits around. Wish I would have gotten the lemon flavored one, then a perfume which smelled okay and then face moisturizer.. which I used and liked. September was much better, but everything was so small. October is better, but still not as good as June and July. 

OCTOBER 2012

Shipping information available in your Account Settings.
Harvey Prince Eau Flirt - Lavender Pumpkin - 100 ml
Buy

theBalm® cosmetics Mary-Lou Manizer
Buy

Mox Botanicals Lip Butter
Buy

Mighty Leaf Tea - Tea Pouches
Buy

LiQWd The Perfect Wave
Buy

LiQWd SiLK Professional Deep Conditioning Treatment
Buy

SEPTEMBER 2012

BVLGARI Mon Jasmin Noir
Buy

Dr. Jart+ Water Fuse Beauty Balm SPF 25+
Buy

Birchbox and Color Club® Custom Collection
Buy

Fekkai Essential Shea Shampoo
Buy

Fekkai Essential Shea Conditioner
Buy

twistbandâ„¢ Lace up for Fall - 12 pack
Buy

The Brush Guard Variety Pack
Buy

AUGUST 2012

Schick Hydro Silk Razor
Buy

Juice Beauty Oil-free Moisturizer
Buy

Eye Rock Designer Liner
Buy

C.O. BIGELOW Mentha Lip Shine
Buy

Juicy Couture Viva la Juicy La Fleur
Buy

JULY 2012

Jouer Luminizing Moisture Tint
Buy

Color Club® Summer Pastels Collection
Buy

Eyeko Skinny Liquid Eyeliner
Buy

LÄRABAR® über
Buy

Harvey Prince Hello - 50 ml
Buy

Birchbox Exclusive Earbuds
Buy

JUNE 2012

Wonderstruck Taylor Swift 3.4 oz
Buy

stila one step bronze
Buy

Comodynes Self-Tanning Intensive
Buy

theBalm® cosmetics Stainiac
Buy

LUNA Bar
Buy

I did cancel one of my accounts yesterday, but I still have two open. I will probably keep at least one account in the foreseeable future. Bb is not a 'great deal' to me anymore, but it is good enough that I will give them my 10.00 for the time being.

I canceled at the end of September. I was a subscriber since January. My boxes were okay most of the time. Not fantastic or home runs but ok. I had quite a few duds and I kept it around for the points system. I decided to cancel when I realized I wasn't really looking forward to them anymore. Every time it came there was disappointment and not elation like I felt with Ipsy/MG and Glossybox. Then someone posted a picture of what BB used to look like at this time last year and it did me in. Obviously the quality of BB is going DOWN and not up while Ipsy and GB are getting  better and better.

I'm close to breaking up with BB. I've given them 6 months and have not been impressed. I just placed an order using my 20% and reward points (some new zoyas & stila coming my way, with only $6.79 out of pocket!).

I got a one year sub in January 2012.  I will finish out the sub for the points, and definitely not renewing.

Originally Posted by KatiebuglovesBB /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by mimosette /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I would have used the Eyeko eyeliner had the cat not stolen it. (Not BB's fault) But
HOW?

I'm sitting here imagining your cat getting on its hind legs and carrying the Eyeko away clenched between both paws.....

My cat hoards all pencil like things! When I moved the last time, I found his collection - 19 pens and pencils under my nightstand! He tried to swat me away when I found them, too....lol...maybe my cat is related to mimosette's. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My cat hoards all pencil like things! When I moved the last time, I found his collection - 19 pens and pencils under my nightstand! He tried to swat me away when I found them, too....lol...maybe my cat is related to mimosette's. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
This is TOO funny!!!!!

I'm still a happy Birchbox subscriber.  I enjoy the surprise factor, have gotten several full sized products, and have discovered some new items that are now HG for me. 

I canceled and cashed out my points after a year. I found other subs I like better. I may come back, but I need a break. The CS issues people are having were the last straws for me.

Originally Posted by KatiebuglovesBB /img/forum/go_quote.gif

HOW?

I'm sitting here imagining your cat getting on its hind legs and carrying the Eyeko away clenched between both paws.....

I caught him the first time walking through the living room with it in his mouth like a dog carries a bone. Took it away, scolded him, and put it back in the drawer in my bathroom.  He obviously can now open the drawer, because the eyeliner and who knows what else was missing the next day from my (open!) drawer.

He also steals ear buds. But only good, expensive ear buds. I'm now down to using the crappy pair that came in one of my Birchboxes, and he's not the faintest bit interested in those.

The WORST THING he does is wait until  I am good and asleep, then he stands on his hind legs, uses his paws to open the bedroom door . Comes in, quietly gets into the bed with me, and slowly arranges his body so that his rectum is placed strategically right against my Chapsticked lips.And then he purrs.

I wondered for the longest time why the cat would be in the bed with me in the mornings, when I knew I'd shut the door. I'd have hair all over my lips, and the worst taste in my mouth. Then my husband enlightened me with a (very shaky , as he was hysterically laughing) phone video.

I really should make this cat wear those Eye Rock eye liners.

Back