Breakouts

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have stopped using skin care products with synthetic substances. I find using natural products more effective and nourishing. I only had few breakouts when I felt lazy washing my face when I woke up during the weekend. It is important to keep the skin clean if you have oily skin.

I used my own mineral makeup so far, since it is cheaper for me. But I find proactive makeup quite good on me but it is quite expensive.

Oh, any kind of silicone coated mineral breaks me out. (Many foundation primers have silicones). I find silica powders to be quite helpful. If I am especially oily, I blot, and then apply a light dusting of silica powder. (Silicas and Silicones are completely different substances when it comes to how they act on your skin.)

And I agree with the others here, doing too many drying things will have the opposite effect. Like when I washed my face with salicylic acid every day, I was more oily than ever.

I used to have very oily skin too until I got on a birth control pill that was just right for me (on trial 5 I think I found the right one, lol!). Sometimes, oily skin and acne can be a result of hormones that need to be kept in check and controlled.

I only wash my face with foaming facial cleanser and have a towel reserved only for drying my face (so the soap residue from drying hands and the silicone residue from hair conditioner don't get on my face).

The only mineral foundation that got my skin in serious trouble was Everyday minerals intensive formula. But had no bad reaction to their other formulas. Have tried several other brands without problems.

Back