Brush alternative for bare minerals

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by swedgal /img/forum/go_quote.gif Divadoll: what do you think in general about natural vs synthetic brushes for mineral foundation? I aksed that before about the duo fiber brushes but did not get any answer. I 'd really appreciate your opinion
smile.gif
I have always found the synth ones softer on the face. Natural brushes can be really abrasive especially on sensitive skin. There are those days when a natural bristled brush just hurts! I also have problems with the hairs falling out.
I have never had that problem on a synthetic and I am not requiring too much coverage which appears to be an issue for others. Mineral MU is a buildable product so you just add more layers if the first go-round is not enough. I am also against unnecessary use of animal products. I would prefer where no animals were harvested for the purpose of my beautification.

Originally Posted by divadoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif I actually found this bronzer brush much more densely packed than any synthetic brush I've had. It may be soft but not limp and I am using it exactly for mineral makeup. I wish that the Walgreens store I went to had the bronzer brush but they didn't. I bought a synthetic bronzer brush from Walmart. It is soft but also very dense so I use it sometimes for my mineral makeup. It does not shed, but so far the synthetic brushes I have used are no match for the animal hair mineral brushes. I do like the look of the E.L.F. brush though, I may have to try that one.

BTW, I do like the Ecotools blush brush better than their little kabuki brush. It is more densely packed and puts my mineral makeup on better.

I've been lemming that ecotools bronzer brush for a while.

I have the Sephora kabuki brush that I use with my mineral foundation. It's almost 4 years old and still has its shape and no shedding after MANY vigorous washings. Not sure if it's available in Sweden tho.

ooo that's exciting you live in Europe I wanna visit so bad..hope u find the brush your looking for...

Thank you so much girls!

DIvadoll: thank you for the explanation. I also do not need much coverage and like to go for the natural look so I might try some synthetic brushes specially if that solves the sheding problem.

Reesesilverstar: we do not have Sephora in Sweden
frown.gif
but I travel quite often and there are Sephora shops in other european countries. I often checked out their brushes when I have been there but I could never make up my mind about the quality, good to know that they work in the long run!

Ari1202: yes, Europe is great to visit and as I just wrote I travel quite often myself and the distances are not so big between countries but nothing compares to the shopping experience in the USA!!!! When I know I am heading to the USA for work I start writing my "shopping list" months in advance
smile.gif

i like essence of beauty (eob) brushes..they sell them at cvs if they have that over there..

Thank you for the suggestion 4getmeNot but unfortunately Essence of Beauty does not retail in Sweden!

Originally Posted by divadoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif Here are some alternatives that won't hurt your pocket as much as a MAC. I like all of these. I've owned each one, none are shedding at all. Be careful of Coastal Scents brushes as many shed. That very large buffer however, is super super soft and has never shed on me.
http://www.temptalia.com/images/summ...erbrush004.jpg

Ecotools bronzer brush

I LOVE this brush! <3

Thank you all for the advice! I was actually interested in the coastal scents brushes but both the wide and large synthetic buffer brush have been out of stock for weeks. Is it normal or should I give up?
frown.gif

Back