Cailyn Cosmetics vs MicaBella

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I took a look at the items I have from Cailyn and the stuff from MicaBeauty. I think part of the cost difference is that MicaBeauty uses glass rather than plastic.

Quote: Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I took a look at the items I have from Cailyn and the stuff from MicaBeauty. I think part of the cost difference is that MicaBeauty uses glass rather than plastic.

The jar I got from Mica is definitely plastic (maybe this is their sample packaging), and I was surprised to see the jar widths are not the same. The Mica jar is shallower and wider.

So it's less product for more money then?

The lip color pots on Mica's website have different names (e.g., no Natural/Fiesta), so I'm not sure it's actually the same exact product as the Cailyn Tinted Lip Balm, but I'm guessing they repackaged the Tinted Lip Balm formulation in the Lip Pot packaging. It's a little strange to send out samples in colors you can't (re)purchase.

Here's Mica's Tinted Lip Balm (with identical names as the Cailyn Tinted Lip Balms, $30, and 4 g):

http://www.micabeauty.com/tinted-lip-balm.html

Cailyn tinted lip balm (no size listed, my Ipsy sample was 3 g, $19.00)

http://www.cailyncosmetics.com/category_s/267.htm#.UtdAzp6wK8E

Cailyn lip colo(u)r pots, $14.00, no size listed, same names as the Mica lip color pots:

http://www.cailyncosmetics.com/category_s/34.htm#.Utc-wZ6wK8E

Mica lip color pots, same names as the Cailyn pots, but no Fiesta/Natural, $14.95, 2.5 g:

http://www.micabeauty.com/lip-color-pot.html

Edited to add: an Amazon listing for the Mica Tinted Lip Balm claims it's 5 g, so who knows?

Ohh!

The side of the Mica Ipsy sample is clearly labeled "Tinted Lip Balm" rather than "Lip Color Pot," which I missed before.

Quote: Originally Posted by panicked /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Ohh!

The side of the Mica Ipsy sample is clearly labeled "Tinted Lip Balm" rather than "Lip Color Pot," which I missed before.

LOL I did the same thing. The Ipsy site is wrong. Cailyn and MicaBeauty are the same name right down to Lip Balm.

Quote: Originally Posted by ddalgi /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Haha yeah I totally agree with that. I saw that stuff in Taiwan as well. But it's coming back to being a smart consumer. My friend bought fake Korean products in China and went blind in one eye. Sorry I misunderstood you!

Anyway, back to actual topic: I don't have issue with PLMs. But the price needs to be right. I don't want to be paying luxury prices for something that's not even a private mixture. And MicaBella costs way too much money for that.
No problem! I wasn't clear. That's horrible what happened to your friend though. I would love to try real Korean makeup, but I feel like I would need to buy it directly from the Korean company because some countries sell bootleg/counterfeit items :-( You're right, it is up to the consumer ultimately to make the right choice.

I know this is an old thread and somewhat off-topic, but does anyone know where you can purchase lip gloss similar to Cailyn that has a jar with the brush built into the cap?  Or where you can buy empty containers like that?  I've been looking at cosmetic packaging supply company websites and can't find anything. 

If you're looking for the packaging, it's probably from a company based in China or Hong Kong. My mind has gone blank on the company Alibaba I think would have it listed.

If you're looking for the packaging, it's probably from a company based in China or Hong Kong. My mind has gone blank on the company Alibaba I think would have it listed.
Thanks!  Luck would have it that I just found out Total Beauty's new collection has the Cailyn lip gloss and another item I really wanted to try (Sheswai nail polish) along with 4 other mystery items, and with the 15% off coupon code I'm only paying a little over $20, including shipping!

I'm still going to look at the site you mentioned to see if I can find the containers, I make my own lip gloss and would love to be able to put it in those containers.  I appreciate your help!

Back