Caked up issue

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Best foundation ever with great coverage and no cakey feeling , water based ,is SeneGence.

try using a different foundation

-add 1-2 drops of tea tree oil into your foundation and then apply it on... makes an application smoother and poreless

-apply your foundation with a foundation brush

I hadn't heard of using Tea Tree Oil in the foundation! That is a neat trick! TTO is also a natural antiseptic isn't it? Helps acne prone skin, I might have to try that out!

I would add that make sure your moisturizer works well with your fdtn. I had a problem w/ caking and splotchiness when I was using a cream moisturizer, but once I switched to a lightweight lotion, I didn't have any more problems!

May be you can try some water-based foundations...I use Makeup Forever Face and Body liquid makeup and its coverage is very nice and does not look heavy!

UPDATE!!

So during the weekend, I went to go buy Revlon Age Defying. I tried it on today for the first time and I LOVEDDDDD it. My face doesn't look caked up or anything. It looks so natural on my skin! Love it. It def. had to be that L'oreal True Match foundation that was messing with my skin.

Thanx guys!!!!

Hi,

Glad to hear you loved the Revlon Age Defying foundation.
icon14.gif

I just gotta say that stippling tecnique with a damp sponge works for me, as I have the same problem. Give it a shot!

Make sure to mix it. What I usually do is put some foundation on a piece of foil then add 2 drops of TTO and mix it and then I apply it on my skin with my foundation brush. It also keeps your skin less oily during the day.

Here's the deal. If you are like most women, you have yellow-based skin. Most foundations have a pink or orange base. Even though you test and test and get the right depth of color, it will never match because the undertone of the foundation is wrong. This is why you end up looking cakey and two-toned.

If you are blessed with naturally flawless skin, use the sheerest liquid foundaion you can find. The small level of pigmentaton in the product, will mimimize the problem. If you need coverage, you must use a true yellow based foundation to align with your natural undertone. I have seen women use yellow-based camouflage foundations (with maximum coverage!) and didn't look like they were wearing a foundation. They looked as it they had naturally flawless skin.

Hope this helps.

I use Caudalie Eau de Raisin after I apply foundation and powder. Give me a very natural look..

Back