Can anyone identify this blush?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought maybe Avon or Aloette, but I don't think so, although that little brush looks a lot like some of the brushes that come with Aloette makeup.

Do you think it could be upside-down and the A is supposed to be a V?
Yeah most drug store and direct mail make-up brands come with brushes like that in their packaging. 

And no it's not a 'V', as we're seeing the blush as is when opened, (the lid is missing from the top of the compact), and the mini brush fits in the bottom well.

I am at my wits end with this one... If anyone else has any ideas or clues or even guesses... Feel free... Please!  :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

If it could be a ribbon instead of a letter, it might be from a Revlon special collection from several years ago. They had a limited edt. Pink Ribbon collection. This one has me stumped.

ETA: Artistry by Amway? I don't know if the brand still exists.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah most drug store and direct mail make-up brands come with brushes like that in their packaging. 

And no it's not a 'V', as we're seeing the blush as is when opened, (the lid is missing from the top of the compact), and the mini brush fits in the bottom well.

I am at my wits end with this one... If anyone else has any ideas or clues or even guesses... Feel free... Please!  :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I hope you don't mind me asking, but I'm a " Curious Georgie". 

What difference does the brand name matter since the blush is something you apparently like, but is not exactly in prime condition due to a child's tinkering?

It does not look like a special item or anything of that nature, like a custom blended shade. It looks to me to be a very modest priced compact from what is left. I found a brand new Tarte' blush, for example, from the Amazonian Clay collection, which is a gorgeous orchid color and has an intricate peacock carved into the surface.. Apparently, it was from a subscription box and I put it in a drawer ( which I hardly ever use) and forgot about it. 

I think a lot of us probably have SOME products we can't source immediately, but the important thing is just to use it-- or to decide to throw it away if you don't want it.

If you are wanting more of the COLOR,, just take the mangled container to Clinique. If there's one thing that Clinique has TONS of, it's color dupes. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

And I've seen people bring in tiny nubs of lipsticks, eye crayons, you name it, for matching while I was at a nearby brand's counter. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Clinique's prices are low, the quality is good and the makeup usually doesn't cause skin problems.

Is this an avenue that you can take and stop worrying? :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

If it could be a ribbon instead of a letter, it might be from a Revlon special collection from several years ago. They had a limited edt. Pink Ribbon collection. This one has me stumped.

I was thinking " Arbonne" or " Amway" but in the end it really doesn't matter, does it?

What difference does the brand name matter since the blush is something you apparently like, but is not exactly in prime condition due to a child's tinkering?

It does not look like a special item or anything of that nature, like a custom blended shade. It looks to me to be a very modest priced compact from what is left. I found a brand new Tarte' blush, for example, from the Amazonian Clay collection, which is a gorgeous orchid color and has an intricate peacock carved into the surface.. Apparently, it was from a subscription box and I put it in a drawer ( which I hardly ever use) and forgot about it. 

I think a lot of us probably have SOME products we can't source immediately, but the important thing is just to use it-- or to decide to throw it away if you don't want it.

If you are wanting more of the COLOR,, just take the mangled container to Clinique. If there's one thing that Clinique has TONS of, it's color dupes. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

And I've seen people bring in tiny nubs of lipsticks, eye crayons, you name it, for matching while I was at a nearby brand's counter. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Clinique's prices are low, the quality is good and the makeup usually doesn't cause skin problems.

Is this an avenue that you can take and stop worrying? :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
No we're not trying to match it or purchase it. As a Pro MUA, our profession likes to identify brands. That's it. comes with the territory. 

Clinique's blushes start at $21;  that's LOW?  Not on MY budget, lol.  It's very hard to find a blush that looks natural on my pale skin, and this one does, so I'd like to be able to buy more of it...  if it was actually made on planet Earth and not imported from Mars, lol.  

I think Clinique's color cosmetics are very reasonably priced. They always have been, and when I was very young and single, I bought their color cosmetics for that reason, plus the incredible shade range at that time.

I wasn't trying to be snobbish. IMO, their items are extremely well priced for most people.

Maybe you can find a Pixi blush when this runs out. I think they are probably the least expensive brand, along with Wet N Wild. 

I think you're onto something with the "Pink Ribbon" symbol, which unfortunately widens the search to any company that's ever released a special edition blush in support of Breast Cancer Research (i.e., almost everyone)

@@ColorQueen I hope you have good luck in finding either this product or an acceptable duplicate - if it was a special edition blush, it's most likely not around anymore.  BUT, I've seen a much wider range in shades released lately!  Happy hunting!

@@girlygirl  I didn't think you were being snobbish!  Everyone's budget is different.  Neither Pixi nor Wet n Wild have a blush that works for my skin tone, sadly.

@  The special edition idea is sounding more likely;  at least it would explain why even pros don't recognize it.  I'll keep looking!

It may be worth shooting an e-mail to Three Custom Color and ask if they recognize it. They have a service where they will custom-blend cosmetics for you if you send them a sample of a discontinued product or a fabric swatch you're trying to match, etc. They have a big database of discontinued products, so they might recognize the logo. I think the prices to have them custom formulate a blush are semi-expensive, but if it's your holy grail shade for your skintone, it might be worth it if you strike out on finding a replacement.

http://www.threecustom.com/home.php?cat=253

Back