Can somebody tell me what to do?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just got to work a few minutes ago. I glanced in the mirror and I'm glittery!! I wore the Smashbox Illuminator with my foudation (as I do everyday), but I guess today, I used more than I realized. I am effin glowing and glittery!!
eek.gif
It looks terrible - especially considering the type of office I work in. I cant wash my face; I dont have any foundation w/me so that I can TRY to cover this stuff up a bit; I dont have any powder.... I'M SCREWED! Is there anything I can do to tone this stuff down? I've been wiping at it with a kleenex, but thats making my foundation look blotchy & uneven. I am so embarassed!
icon_redface.gif

I guess I'm on my own with this one!
icon_cry.gif

Originally Posted by Never2muchMU I just got to work a few minutes ago. I glanced in the mirror and I'm glittery!! I wore the Smashbox Illuminator with my foudation (as I do everyday), but I guess today, I used more than I realized. I am effin glowing and glittery!!
eek.gif
It looks terrible - especially considering the type of office I work in. I cant wash my face; I dont have any foundation w/me so that I can TRY to cover this stuff up a bit; I dont have any powder.... I'M SCREWED! Is there anything I can do to tone this stuff down? I've been wiping at it with a kleenex, but thats making my foundation look blotchy & uneven. I am so embarassed!
icon_redface.gif

AAHH glitter alert! Just kidding with you Tracey. I don't know what to recommend really. I was gonna say powder but you don't have any on you. Any make up counters near your work place that you could pop out to for 2 mins & ask them to fix you!! Other than that, keep patting your face with Kleenex.. Maybe the others might have better suggestions for you

Laura, you are so bad!
icon_razz.gif
... glitter alert! But I think I'm gonna go without makeup on my face today. In all my freaking out over the situation, I forgot that I'm near a drugstore. I'm gonna pop over there and buy some moisturizer. If I have some of that, then I can go ahead and wash my face. I dont think I'll look right if I try to cover up my face with powder at this point. I've been wiping at it so much that I'm already quite blotchy. This is the makeup day from HELL!!!
icon_evil.gif

Originally Posted by Laura AAHH glitter alert! Just kidding with you Tracey. I don't know what to recommend really. I was gonna say powder but you don't have any on you. Any make up counters near your work place that you could pop out to for 2 mins & ask them to fix you!! Other than that, keep patting your face with Kleenex.. Maybe the others might have better suggestions for you

Ok cool! Best to wash it off so.. I hate having those make up disaster days
frown.gif

Sometimes if you put moisturizer on OVER the foundation - and pat it with the tissue, some of the glitter will come off with the moistuizer, usually leaving most of your foundation in tact... just pat it on... pat it off... dont rub
wink.gif

Tracey, I must admit you had me laughing. I'm sorry but I could just picture you at work and the glitter alert!
icon_twisted.gif

What did you end up doing? Get the moisturizer?

Oh Tracey, I'm sorry I missed this post earlier this morning. I hope you managed to resolve the issue, but in the future, keep a tiny pot of moisturizer, blotting papers & some pressed powder @ your desk. You poor dear.
redface.gif

~HUGS~

Thanks for your help, Ladies. I am home from work now and what I ended up doing is going bare-faced for the rest of the day. By the time I got the moisturizer, I'd pretty much ruined my foundation anyway.
icon_sad.gif
I got a couple of baby wipes from a co-worker and cleaned off my mu, then after I moisturized, I was fine.... I looked weird w/no makeup, but I was fine and the glitter was GONE!! I can't believe I went so heavy on the illuminator. I wear this stuff every day and this has never happened before. I have to look super tomorrow in order to redeem myself after today's incident.
smile.gif

That's ok. After it was resolved, I laughed at me too.
icon_cheesygrin.gif
I'm such a dork!

Originally Posted by Jen Tracey, I must admit you had me laughing. I'm sorry but I could just picture you at work and the glitter alert!
icon_twisted.gif

What did you end up doing? Get the moisturizer?

Originally Posted by Never2muchMU Thanks for your help, Ladies. I am home from work now and what I ended up doing is going bare-faced for the rest of the day. By the time I got the moisturizer, I'd pretty much ruined my foundation anyway.
icon_sad.gif
I got a couple of baby wipes from a co-worker and cleaned off my mu, then after I moisturized, I was fine.... I looked weird w/no makeup, but I was fine and the glitter was GONE!! I can't believe I went so heavy on the illuminator. I wear this stuff every day and this has never happened before. I have to look super tomorrow in order to redeem myself after today's incident.
smile.gif
I guess this is an example of the "disco ball" effect post from the other day!?!? lol j/k
wink.gif

LOL!! But the other day I was glittery and it looked cute. Today,.... not so much!
icon_redface.gif

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 I guess this is an example of the "disco ball" effect post from the other day!?!? lol j/k
wink.gif

discoball.gif

I know that I am probably too late in recommending this but how about using clear tape and carefully blotting it on your face. Then you would only have to re-apply powder and would not have to rinse off your entire face. Just make sure that the tape isn't too sticky otherwise you would have some sort of residue on your face.

Oh Tracey, I'm glad it worked itself out. I don't think you went to heavy w/the illuminator, but I'll blame it on the brush you used--perhaps you had some residual effects from prior use.
wink.gif
Yeah, that's it.
biggrin.gif

Tomorrow's another day & you'll look stunning!
smile.gif

Latest posts

Back