Can someone suggest a cheap primer?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Serious Skin Care (can purchase at HSN) has A-primer that is very high in silicone. It's approx. $22.50 for 1 oz. plus S/H but they sometimes have 2 for 1- when I try to purchase. It takes very little per application. I have used Smashbox Photofinish and prefer this. It goes on so "slick"- it also has Vit. A in it for fine lines. Make sure you wait several minutes before applying MU. I also have tried "The present" by philosophy. It is very large but I didn't like the smell- lavender.

I have very sensitive skin and hate the feel of anything on my face. I have zero problems with the Monistat Chafing Gel and cannot feel it at all. It also reacts well in high humidity.

As not not having been made to go on faces, I called the company and spoke with them about it. The two people I spoke with said they are very aware that people are using it as a primer and that it was perfectly fine to do so. While it was not specifically made to go on faces, it was not NOT made for faces either. It was created to be used wherever. One of the women said that they would love to market ut for faces under a different name, but the testing process is extremely long and by the time the trials were done, something newer and better would likely be out anyway.

Psyche- very interesting! Thanks for calling them and passing on the info to us!

http://www.walgreens.com/store/c/rimmel-fix-%26-perfect-foundation-primer/ID=prod3969146-product#BVRRWidgetID

Hey I have also been told that i should use a primer so i went to walgreens 1 month ago and got this primer! it works great on my skin! if you have super oily skin its not the right primer for you , but if you have colored skin it could be the best for you! if you are light colored i would recommend that you should get a color lighter then you usually are. 

Thanks and have a great day! : D

I use the Body Shop Matte It Primer. I have oily skin and it works great for me, my make-up is staying put all day now! I should mention it's £11, but Body Shop seems to always have promotions on!

ELF Mineral Face Primer is great, $6. Also Sally's Beauty has a face primer, its usually at the counter, its by Claudia Stevens. I think its approx $6.

$8 for  Hard Candy primer found at Walmart. If you are like many of us people in this world, you actually work for WalMart and  can get that with a 10% discount on top of that awesome price!!!!

smashbox photofinish light is amazing but by no means cheap. try rimmel fix and perfect. Also, if you have oily skin you can get a bottle of milk of magnesia and use a foam wedge to dab it on your face before applying foundation and/or primer. It is a great mattifier and minimizes the appearance of pores.

spend a lot of money on a new one. and you can get the new one with discounts in some supermarket by VIP cards. and before rug primer, you need to improve the condition of your skin. this is the first step.

I don't use a primer underneath my mineral makeup but if you have a bb cream, try to use that as a base. I use non-oily bb cream and it fills the pores without causing you break outs. The mineral foundation just glides on smoothly on top of the bb cream and it doesn't cake. It stays on longer too and I have oily skin. The mineral makeup sets beautifully and give you this dewy and healthy effect on your skin. 

You have to try Monistat anti-chafing gel... that stuff is awesome.  I've tried using bb creams but it makes my mmu look too cakey on my face.  I have used bb cream and translucent powder to set the bb cream. Its not cakey then.

Originally Posted by Makeup Buff /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I don't use a primer underneath my mineral makeup but if you have a bb cream, try to use that as a base. I use non-oily bb cream and it fills the pores without causing you break outs. The mineral foundation just glides on smoothly on top of the bb cream and it doesn't cake. It stays on longer too and I have oily skin. The mineral makeup sets beautifully and give you this dewy and healthy effect on your skin. 

Definitely Fyrinnae. They have an aloe vera and silica based primer that's totally silicone free and only about $7 for 1 ounce. All the other primers I've tested are mainly silicone and are not good for the skin at all. I have oily skin and am prone to breakouts. This stuff never causes a problem for me. It also doesn't take much product to be effective. Ive tried multiple brands of 'primers', from high end to low end, and this is the best one I've found. It can be used under mineral makeup as well as liquid or cream foundations with no problem. I've also been trying out milk of magnesia as I've heard a few people mention it as being great for oil control. It's also totally silicone free. It does work, for sure. You can get a bottle of it at pretty much any US dollar store. Cheap and effective. One bottle also goes a very long way. Women have been so brainwashed regarding 'primers' in the past few years. Every time I even see the word I cringe bc I know most will wind up believing they absolutely need this in their makeup routine and wind up using the silicone based products, which are not good for the skin. I rarely use even Fyrinnae's primer and my makeup is fine all day. I find that the brush I use for application makes far more of a difference than any 'primer' ever has. I use a Sigma F82 brush which gives a totally smooth, 'airbrushed' type finish. Best investment I ever made. I just ordered another one, actually. That's how much I absolutely love it.

I got a sample of Bare Minerals Prime Time with the customizable kit at Sephora. It is really nice and makes my skin/makeup look really smooth and almost flawless (I am still a newb at makeup wearing but I'm getting better). It's $22, which seems like a lot, but if it ends up being better than the other samples I have, I think I'll buy it.

Back