Can you Buff too much?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Is it possible to Buff too much? Like you buff so much that you actually are inadvertantly taking some makeup off? Also, if you apply it wet, do you still have to buff? Thanks.

yep it happens. don't be too eager in buffing, then you might actually be taking the MMU off instead of putting it on.

You still have to buff when applying wet. I'm more careful with buffing when I apply it wet (I don't buff as much as when I apply it dry).

When you apply the mmu wet, do you use water? And doesn't it feel cakey and defeat the purpose of using the mmu since the reason I wear mmu is because it feels like I'm not wearing anything at all. The reason I say this is because I tried wetting the mmu once and tried to apply it but it looked so cakey and unatural....weird, maybe I didn't do it right....

well, I use Fix+ spray, but you can just use regular water in spray bottle as well.

I spritz about 2-3 times on the brush. then swirl the MMU on the brush, then apply.

Watching Thais's video would be so helpful, but since you're not video access queen yet, I hope I can explain it - apply it once across your forehead and down the side of your face, then buff the MMU on.

HTH!

I think it depends on which mmu you are using. For example, when I wear Lumiere Veena Velvet, I only apply this dry. It's water resistant and doesn't mix well with water. I imagine some "heavier" foundations would go cakey when applied damp. On the other hand, when i am using Meow (which is very light and sheer) I always apply damp, it helps the mmu melt into my skin and it's easier to get even coverage this way.

In the 5 yrs that I've worn minerals, I've found that it is possible to over-buff. With time, practice and patience you will be able to tell when the minerals adjust. Whether or not to buff depends on the finish that you desire. When you apply wet you are creating a liquid foundation--heavier coverage. If you buff afterwards, you will remove some of the minerals. This is fine if you've applied too much and wish to remove a layer, but be careful because it will change the finish of theses areas. It will provide a more "natural" appearance. When applying wet, use just enough moisture to create a very fluid paste. If the minerals seem cakey and unnatural, you have applied too much. Remember, you only need a thin layer.

I do notice that my spider veins are covered after using foundation but when I get done with the whole process (mineral veil, BE True) my spider veins are showing. I guess I need to lighten up the buffing. I think the buffing process is kind of like squeezing one of those little stress balls.

Back