Can you tell by looking whether others are wearing high or low end make-up?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I usually can't really tell. However, I can tell if they know how to put it on correctly or not.

Nope! Although I would imagine that when you see someone with really badly colour matched foundation they've probably got it from the drugstore, you'd have thought that the sales assistants at higher end stores would be more likely to have intervened and helped them find their shade... Although some people are just stubborn so you really never know!

Daisy 

xxx

Nope! Although I would imagine that when you see someone with really badly colour matched foundation they've probably got it from the drugstore, you'd have thought that the sales assistants at higher end stores would be more likely to have intervened and helped them find their shade... Although some people are just stubborn so you really never know!

Daisy 

xxx
But then there are people like me who live near no higher end beauty stores, so any high end items I buy are bought online without assistants ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

It's pretty much impossible to tell. In my eperience the only difference between high and low end products is how long you can go without retouching. High end procuduts usually (not always though) stay where they should longer. However, using approprate primers, you can extend life span of drugstore products.

I don't know if I can tell. I usually assume those with poor technique are using drugstore products, because it doesn't seem logical that someone who can't apply makeup properly would spend large amounts of money on makeup.

Then there are those with good technique, and it's hard to tell what they are wearing because their makeup looks flawless no matter what.

Nail polish? Yeah I can tell sometimes. High end nail polishes just have better colors than the drugstore brands oftentimes.

Back