Carnie Wilson regains the weight

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by jmgjmg623 /img/forum/go_quote.gif That's so annoying. Just eat right and exercise, how hard is that? Lazy as*! It's not that easy for some people. There are definate emotional reasons that some people are over weight.How hard is it? Very hard for those whose eating habits are a sort of therapy for their emotional issues.

I am hoping she becomes healthy again, and I hope she has dealt with the issues that led her to addiction.

Originally Posted by jmgjmg623 /img/forum/go_quote.gif That's so annoying. Just eat right and exercise, how hard is that? Lazy as*! If it were that simple, we'd all be skinny!
Fat people have honed their body into a big, mean, fat-holding machine via their insulin production. That's not an easy thing to reverse.

Genetics plays a large part in one's propensity to BECOME fat. Genetics are a tough thing to overcome (it's not, NOT doable-- it's just much, much, much, much more difficult than someone who doesn't have fat genetics working against them).

Warmly,

Brandi

Originally Posted by jmgjmg623 /img/forum/go_quote.gif That's so annoying. Just eat right and exercise, how hard is that? Lazy as*! It's a lot harder for some than others...
I feel bad for her! I know that she was at least excercising after the surgery (around the time she did Playboy). I guess she just fell off the ladder. Like the others said, emotional issues can play a huge role.

Originally Posted by beaglette /img/forum/go_quote.gif If it were that simple, we'd all be skinny!
Fat people have honed their body into a big, mean, fat-holding machine via their insulin production. That's not an easy thing to reverse.

Genetics plays a large part in one's propensity to BECOME fat. Genetics are a tough thing to overcome (it's not, NOT doable-- it's just much, much, much, much more difficult than someone who doesn't have fat genetics working against them).

Warmly,

Brandi

genetics certainly play a role. some people, hmm i don't know how to phrase this, but let's say they are more sensitive than others on that subject, so basically some children will have to watch what they eat while growing up, when others can swallow whatever they want and won't be obese (that doesn't mean they won't have other health problems if they don't eat well).

I feel sort of bad for her but she's been down this road before and knew what it would lead to. It takes some people a lot of effort to lose weight because they have lifelong bad habits to break, but that is partly their fault as well. I'm sure she probably does take ownership for her actions that lead to her weight gain so it's not like she is trying to say that one day she woke up x number of pounds heavier and it wasn't her doing or anything like that.I don't think it's fair to name people cruel names like that though even though it is partly their fault for getting that way.

Originally Posted by jmgjmg623 /img/forum/go_quote.gif That's so annoying. Just eat right and exercise, how hard is that? Lazy as*! Obviously harder for some people more so than others. I think you need to be careful of posting such harsh comments and making such rash judgments because there are people on this site that struggle with their weight. Certain statements can be inflammatory and offensive. This is a public forum, not a personal blog.

She did have a kid recently. And when she was on the Tyra Show, I felt bad for her cause the only things you see in tabloids about her is how she gained weight. But she said that thankfully no one has said anything BAD about her character, which would hurt more. I respect her now ( I just never paid attn before).

i'm rooting for her. for some of us it's a change for life. there are no days off or vacations. she'll get the hang of it, i'm sure.

Originally Posted by tyarishanese /img/forum/go_quote.gif Obviously harder for some people more so than others. I think you need to be careful of posting such harsh comments and making such rash judgments because there are people on this site that struggle with their weight. Certain statements can be inflammatory and offensive. This is a public forum, not a personal blog. You have your opinions and I have mine. If you don't like what I have to say there's an 'advice and rants' column.

Originally Posted by jmgjmg623 /img/forum/go_quote.gif You have your opinions and I have mine. If you don't like what I have to say there's an 'advice and rants' column. Please refrain from being rude, there is no need to
1. call someone a fat ass

2. direct someone to where they should go to post. Her post is fine right here thanks
brsh.gif

Originally Posted by jmgjmg623 /img/forum/go_quote.gif You have your opinions and I have mine. If you don't like what I have to say there's an 'advice and rants' column. Please re-familiarize yourself with MuT's rules/regs. Specifically rule #2:

Quote:
Be polite, respect other members. Blatant mean posts will result in banning of user/ip address.

Back