Cetaphil bar vs. liquid?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm thinking of switching to a new cleanser, since my Mario Badescu one isn't doing anything jaw-dropping for my skin. I saw a dermatologist today for my red, puffy eyelid saga (which is finally coming to a close, thank heaven!) and I saw she had bars of Cetaphil on the desk.

So ... did some research and found mixed reviews about the various Ceptahil products and which version of the cleanser is better.

Now I leave it up to you.
smile.gif

Bar or liquid?
biggrin.gif

And sort of a dumb question... but if you use the bar, how do you use it? Wet the bar and lather it in your hands, then rub the lather on your face? Or use a damp cotton ball to pick up the soap and then rub it on, like the people at Clinique say to do?

TIA!!

i like the liquid beacause it does not sting my eyes and never dries my skin when i used the soap it stang my eyes and left my face feeling very dry and it had fragrance in the bar and it also iratted my skin and yes u wet the bar and lather in to hands and cleanse normally

I use the liquid, didn't know there was a bar.........I also use goats milk soap on my face, I tried dove but it made my face very greasy!.....went back to the cetaphil and goats milk.

I use the Cetaphil normal to oily skin liquid. It is the best cleanser I have ever used!! (and I have tried a lot)

Oh,I'm really behind here: I didn't even know there is a bar! But I love Cataphil liquid cleanser,have been using the stuff for years.

A bar, I'd be a little worried about dryness,too.

I like Gentle Skin Cleanser. It has very simple ingredients so good for my sensitive skin. The bars have more ingredients and if your skin is sensitive you might want to check them to see if there is any potential problem.

I don't use Cetaphil, but in general I much prefer liquid cleansers over bar ones.

Originally Posted by kaville /img/forum/go_quote.gif I don't use Cetaphil, but in general I much prefer liquid cleansers over bar ones.
dito.gif

I like the liquid. more convienent for me. plus, I don't like the whole festering bacteria on the bar surface. and it's easier to use it as a moisturizer when it's in liquid form.

Back