Chapped Lips!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My favorite balm is Clinique Superbalm...gets rid of flaky lips in one night on me! Plus it makes them shiny and hides the flakies pretty well. I also like Aquaphor; they sell it in mini lip-gloss sized tubes, too!

Quote: Originally Posted by spice7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've heard a lot of things about Burt Bee's lip balm, it is supposed to be good. Anyone ever tried that?

I use it and I actually do think its works pretty well.  But I second all of the notions for drinking more water and exfoliating before even worrying about which lip balm to use.  Without those two things, none of them will work very well.

I love Organic Coconut Oil, however; one of my favorite lip products is definitely Elizabeth Arden's Lip Fix.

Agave lip mask by Bite.

We just got it at Sephora like 2 days ago, I took home a sample and omg #inlove! 

You put it on at night before bed (or through they day if you want) but when I woke up my lips felt so good! it feels like it's hugging ur lips! good stuff!

Drinking water and staying hydrated will help with chapped lips, also applying a bit of coconut oil at night before you go to sleep will work wonders! "Pretty is what you are. Beauty is what you do with it."

Nothing works as good as Lanolin for me. I use Lansinoh (nipple cream lol) but I know sephora has one too. Just make sure it's 100% Lanolin. I use it every night, keeps my lips super soft.

Chapstick is bad for you and has some bad ingredients you shouldn't swallow. It makes your lips dependent on chapstick cause then if you don't use it your lips start burning. The best is to just stay well hydrated and olive oil helps too.

My husband will just rub plain old ordinary butter on his lips, or olive oil, especially before bed. Might not be the best thing to do if you have cats with free range of the house, judging from the cusswords that have awakened me a time or two, though! :)

The best things I have found (I have the worst dry, chapped, peeling lips and always have) is the Bite Beauty fruit lip scrub, or Lush's lip scrubs followed by the Hourglass Lip Oil. I know it's an expensive luxury product, but it's seriously the only thing that has completely renewed my lips like magic, even moreso than Fresh's lip treatment balms. I was skeptical when it first came out, and balked at the price, saying I'd never ever pay that, but then I tried a sample, and was hooked and I tell everyone about it now and use it on every client. (98% of the time they end up buying it too)

Well Mona, according to me you should have to try natural remedies to get rid of chapped lips. The most important thing you have to kept in mind that you drink water plenty of water atleast 8- 10 glasses per day. It will not get you rid of chapped lips but you will also get glowing skin. The other thing to get rid of chapped lips is to drink one glass of hot milk everyday before going to bed at night. You get rid of your problem in 3-4 days. I have tried this and it wonders to me.

Ohhh Chapstick is a horrible thing to be addicted to. I use my toothbrush to scrub all the dead skin on my lips off, then I slather on Vaseline. It lasts longer than Chapstick and it's not as addictive, and the huge tub lasts my lips a long time. Hehehe Oh, and I drink 6 - 8 glasses of water a day. It really helps keep my skin clear. - "Smooth lips Savvy"

I have this problem all the time! They use to get to the point where it would take days to get them soft, and then they would get chapped again in less then a few hours. Right now I have been sleeping with Vaseline in the Coco Butter scent (the mini size from target) every night. I put on twice as much as you would think is necessary. I also exfoliate my lips anywhere from every other day to twice a day depending on how bad they are (i just use my tooth brush and some more Vaseline for this). Then before I put on my makeup I always put more Vaseline on and let it sit until RIGHT before its time to put on a lip product. I stay away from lip pencils, lip stains, and matte lip sticks unless I am going out, and I always pair them with either a lip balm, revlon lip butter, l'oreal color riche balm, or hydrating gloss. On a normal day I stick to a tinted lip balm, or one of the color riche balms or revlon lip butters by themselves. 

I recently started using the new silver chapstick brand one. It stays on really well and makes my lips feel so much better if they're chapped. Also bees wax can be drying so try to use chapsticks without them in it. You can also make a homemade sugar honey scrub, I found one on pinterest and liked it :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Adding my vote in to Epic Blend. All natural ingredients, easy to use and carry around, tons of different scents -- and they even make vegan ones that don't use beeswax.

Hi everyone, I am not sure if this is the right place to post this. I have problems with my lips being chapped all the time, no matter what the weather is like. I can't seem to find a chapstick that help with the peeling and chapping of my lips. I have tried softlips, chapstick, and a couple other drugstore brands. If anyone has any suggestions of something else I can do or try that would be great!! Thanks!
How much water you drink per day? If our body don't get enough water quantity then it dry and lips & face skin affected first.

I am not very sure how much water we should take but it is around 3 liters per day :unsure:  ....

Someone please correct my sentence if I am mistaken about water quantity...  :rolleyes:

Back