Cheaper alternative to MAC Lipglass Pencil

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Aquilah /img/forum/go_quote.gif And, Rite-Aid since most Eckerd's have become Rite-Aid... We don't have Rite-Aid in Florida, so Eckerds has turned into CVS here.
I'll definitely have to check these liners out! Thanks for the rec, Aquilah!
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Ohappydayes /img/forum/go_quote.gif Hmm, that's interesting...our CVSs haven't changed. I didn't know they were owned by the same company. Oh well, enjoy the liner...THEY ROCK! It was about 7 years ago CVS bought out Revco in Georgia... Eckerds were going out of business and Walgreens was booming! I dunno what it's like now since I haven't lived in Augusta in 2 years, but that's what it was like when I left.

Aquilah, I managed to visit Boots but they didn't have the Vinyl Jelly Gloss Lipliner either!!! they only sell 1000 kisses Lipliner £2.99 (= $6) and Exaggerate Lipliner £3.49 (= $7)
sleepyhead.gif

As I said I really wanted to buy something, I purchased Wet 'n' Wild Lipliner (4 Fab Fucha) it was £1.49 (= $3) the reason I bought was it looked like it was the cheapest one I could find in there. oh well.

Originally Posted by sushi-gal /img/forum/go_quote.gif Aquilah, I managed to visit Boots but they didn't have the Vinyl Jelly Gloss Lipliner either!!! they only sell 1000 kisses Lipliner £2.99 (= $6) and Exaggerate Lipliner £3.49 (= $7)
sleepyhead.gif
Same here in Finland. I couldn't find those gloss liners
frown.gif
Well, we always seem to get new products a couple months late in our stores. But isn't weird...Rimmel is an UK based brand and people in the US are able to buy new stuff from them before us in Europe.

Originally Posted by sushi-gal /img/forum/go_quote.gif Aquilah, I managed to visit Boots but they didn't have the Vinyl Jelly Gloss Lipliner either!!! they only sell 1000 kisses Lipliner £2.99 (= $6) and Exaggerate Lipliner £3.49 (= $7)
sleepyhead.gif

As I said I really wanted to buy something, I purchased Wet 'n' Wild Lipliner (4 Fab Fucha) it was £1.49 (= $3) the reason I bought was it looked like it was the cheapest one I could find in there. oh well.

Originally Posted by Gleam84 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Same here in Finland. I couldn't find those gloss liners
frown.gif
Well, we always seem to get new products a couple months late in our stores. But isn't weird...Rimmel is an UK based brand and people in the US are able to buy new stuff from them before us in Europe. Well, if you need a CP, JLMK! I'd be happy to do one for you both
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Aquilah /img/forum/go_quote.gif Well, if you need a CP, JLMK! I'd be happy to do one for you both
smile.gif

That's very kind of you Aquilah
smile.gif
If i can't handle Wet 'n' Wild, I will ask your help!

Gleam84, do you know how much are those lipliners (1000 kisses & Exaggerate) cost in Finland?

Well, now I'm curious what is available in Japan.

I read on another forum that all these pencils are not your ordinary lip liner, it's more like a gloss in a pencil. More like a sheer lip liner.

Originally Posted by sooner_chick /img/forum/go_quote.gif I read on another forum that all these pencils are not your ordinary lip liner, it's more like a gloss in a pencil. More like a sheer lip liner. No, they're definitely more glossy and sheer. IMHO, that makes them a lot better for using with a lipgloss than a regular liner does. It doesn't take as much "blending" and softening to get them to not look "harsh" as with a regular l/l.

Originally Posted by Ohappydayes /img/forum/go_quote.gif I agree and I like to use them with my lipstick even. The first thing I do is smudge my liner with my finger after putting it on anyway and I find I don't have to do that with this. Yeppers! I was tempted to use Fudge w/ my NYC Cafe the other day, but I didn't. I really do like these a lot, and since I prefer glosses over l/s, then this works well for me! Time to buy more ASAP! LOL!

Originally Posted by Aquilah /img/forum/go_quote.gif No, they're definitely more glossy and sheer. IMHO, that makes them a lot better for using with a lipgloss than a regular liner does. It doesn't take as much "blending" and softening to get them to not look "harsh" as with a regular l/l.
I agree. I am spoiled!! XD I prefer the regular pencils, they give me better control; I guess it's just a preference.

Back