Christmas Presents?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's $49 in stores at Sephora in Canada so $56.35 total

You can purchase it online from Sephora.com/Canada I am sure but I have a Sephora GC to use, and I am not comfortable using a credit card online anymore.

I really hope they come out with a second palette, by looking at the photos I think I *might* possibly like the shades in that one better.

I'd love the Urban Decay Naked palette- I can't afford $48 on a makeup palette so I'd love it as a gift!

Yeah I don't really have anything I wanna buy myself, maybe a new laptop, but I wanna get everyone's gift out the way first.

Originally Posted by divadoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I was thinking I wanna get the Braun 7681 epilator...  I'm not sure yet.  I bought some cream liners from ELF recently.  I can't wait to receive them.

You'll love them!  I have one in Midnight Blue and it stays on forever! I think its waterproof, even though it didn't say on the package...

I have noo idea--I've been pretty impulsive lately, so anything I've wanted I just went ahead and bought myself (nothing really expensive though). The only thing I want is an iPod (mine got stolen by a homeless guy.. long story), but I'd rather inherit my sister's when she gets a new one for xmas. I was thinking a cheap little sewing machine to satisfy my inner child, but I don't think I would ever use it, let alone wear anything I made lol.

My family's pretty boring--no surprises. What you ask for--within reason--is what you get. That and, something horribly practical from my mom--socks, slippers, etc. This year, we were just given money to buy our own presents! It takes the fun out of Christmas--even if it's not something I necessarily wanted, I love surprises.

Originally Posted by americanclassic /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have noo idea--I've been pretty impulsive lately, so anything I've wanted I just went ahead and bought myself (nothing really expensive though). The only thing I want is an iPod (mine got stolen by a homeless guy.. long story), but I'd rather inherit my sister's when she gets a new one for xmas. I was thinking a cheap little sewing machine to satisfy my inner child, but I don't think I would ever use it, let alone wear anything I made lol.

My family's pretty boring--no surprises. What you ask for--within reason--is what you get. That and, something horribly practical from my mom--socks, slippers, etc. This year, we were just given money to buy our own presents! It takes the fun out of Christmas--even if it's not something I necessarily wanted, I love surprises.

I got a sewing machine two Christmases ago and I sometimes use it. My mom though I'd need it if I went into Fashion Design school[which I didn't do].

I like the fact I can pick out any pattern I want and any fabric and make the item. That way I know no one else I know will have the same exact shirt, skirt, dress ect.

The patterns are fairly cheap but the fabric can get pricey. I get my patterns on sale for like under $5. The patterns can be reuseable but once you cut out a size you can only use that size or you can use a smaller size if you cut it out. So say your using a size medium and you want to then do a size small you can't go back and use medium.

I get really lazy. Like I have a pattern all cut out and the fabric all cut out, but I've been too lazy to sew it.

Originally Posted by satojoko /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A ticket for my husband to go visit his mother and grandmother. He rarely spends money on himself and misses them so much. Likewise :) I can't think of anything I could get for *myself* that would make me any happier than that. I've already got a stupid amount of makeup and other things, so I'd rather spend the cash on him. Just seeing him smiling from ear to ear would be my gift. It may sound pathetically cheesy, but it's the truth :)

If I absolutely HAD to choose something, however LOL it would be ELF's little lash curler that curls them individually, sorta :) My lashes have never been the easiest to curl and I've heard that little thing works absolute wonders.

I didn't even know those existed! I want...

I mostly want sugarpill though. I see rainbowbright's fotds and I get so jealous of all the awesome colors =) And I definitely want palettes, coastal scents and beauty factory. I just want a plethora of matte colors to play with.

Originally Posted by Tirin /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I get good ideas for presents from reading this x)

Same for me! I actually set up this thread so I could see what to get for myself. LOL.

xoxo,

Roxanne

I don't want any makeup for Xmas.  I'm bad and buy what I want, when I want through the year, so by Xmas I'm pretty covered.

What I want is a dress form.  I sew for everyone and they have lovely, well fitted garments.  Then I try to sew for myself and it's a tragedy because fitting on yourself without one is a nightmare.

Originally Posted by xoxelizabeth189 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got a sewing machine two Christmases ago and I sometimes use it. My mom though I'd need it if I went into Fashion Design school[which I didn't do].

I like the fact I can pick out any pattern I want and any fabric and make the item. That way I know no one else I know will have the same exact shirt, skirt, dress ect.

The patterns are fairly cheap but the fabric can get pricey. I get my patterns on sale for like under $5. The patterns can be reuseable but once you cut out a size you can only use that size or you can use a smaller size if you cut it out. So say your using a size medium and you want to then do a size small you can't go back and use medium.

I get really lazy. Like I have a pattern all cut out and the fabric all cut out, but I've been too lazy to sew it.
Fabric isn't so bad if you watch what your doing.  JoAnn's has 50% off coupons all over the place.  I don't buy without one.  Hancock is usually cheaper, and accepts competitors coupons. 

It's a little time consuming, but if you want to re-use patterns for different sizes...trace them onto other paper.  Then you can alter it, or play with design ideas and not mess up your original.

Absolutely NOTHING haha. I've gotten too much stuff in the past year and just did my last official purchase.....of the year haha!

Back