Circular Swap - Who's in?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi gals, quick update. Got the box tonight I'll post pics of what I'm taking and putting in tomorrow (working on that tonight!)

We had one casualty, the revlon quad has a busted shadow :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> so I'll take the items out of the bag (good thing it was bagged up) and clean them up (they're covered in pink eyeshadow dust).

More Updates soon!

Ok got the box yesterday! Here's first look pic:

IMG_7848.JPG

We had one casualty on the bumpy road to Norfolk.

IMG_7849.JPG

Here's what I'm taking out:

IMG_7853.JPG

Here's what I hope to add, plus some other goodies:

IMG_7854.JPG

I say *hope* because I haven't actually tried to fit this in the box yet. I just pulled everything and consolidated. I want to make sure stuff has enough padding so we don't have another shadow bust or bottle open. I'll work on pack up tonight. Plan to ship to @@dotybird tomorrow and she should have it by Friday!

Wow!  How full is that box?  Because that looks like a lot more going in than being taken out!  Good luck playing Tetris and fitting all of it!

Ha! I know it!  I might have to scale back and save some for round 2 or 3 or 4!  I'll see what I can fit.

Oh I hate that about the eyeshadow, sorry I thought I played box tetris better than that. I guess it was quite a bumpy ride to VA from Nashville. 

Great choices, hope you can pack everything in you want to add....if not save for the next round!

I noticed @@ChullBird wanted to get in on this...if it's okay with @@Reija and others, she can have my spot.  My girls just started pre-k and k in a new school and the extra back to school expenses are turning out to be more than I planned for.   If switching places is against the rules that is fine too!

perfectly fine to switch places @@lauradiniwilk :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20"> The school expenses can really get you. We just got done having to pay preschool (our youngest is going to Kindergarten this fall) after so many years between all the kids but I had to buy school supplies for all 3 and sports etc. :lol:

Hope you can be on the next round @@lauradiniwilk

Can't wait to get the box. I actually have to go out of town unexpectedly for work until Monday but I promise to send it out first thing Tuesday after making my swaps!!

I'm not sure, how does it work?
A round robin train:

Same as circular swap in that there is an order picked and all follow that same order.  The difference is that each person starts a box and sends it on the same day. The boxes move along in the planned order and when each person's box goes all the way back to it's originator, the train ends.  So if there are ten people participating, ten boxes are moving along at the same time.

I wasn't sure either, thanks for the explanation @@cpl100 . This sounds like fun!!

Last edited by a moderator:
A round robin train:

Same as circular swap in that there is an order picked and all follow that same order.  The difference is that each person starts a box and sends it on the same day. The boxes move along in the planned order and when each person's box goes all the way back to it's originator, the train ends.  So if there are ten people participating, ten boxes are moving along at the same time.
Wow that sounds really cool!

I think we could look into starting one of these soon!

Can't wait to get the box. I actually have to go out of town unexpectedly for work until Monday but I promise to send it out first thing Tuesday after making my swaps!!
I'm PMing you tracking now, you should have the box Friday/Saturday.

I actually was able to fit most of the stuff in my picture above in the box. I couldn't fit the black and white makeup clutch though since it's a little bulky. Box Tetris was hairy but I hope that means you ladies down the road will find some new goodies!

I also, threw in some candy to keep everyone's energy up while circular swapping.

perfectly fine to switch places @@lauradiniwilk :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> The school expenses can really get you. We just got done having to pay preschool (our youngest is going to Kindergarten this fall) after so many years between all the kids but I had to buy school supplies for all 3 and sports etc. :lol:

Hope you can be on the next round @@lauradiniwilk
Thanks!  My girls both just finished daycare (woohoo!) but are now in private school so my monthly expenses are actually going up, plus school supplies, uniforms, sports, etc. etc. etc. are making this month tough.  I have pared way down on my subs but am still a little worried about the new budget!  I am definitely enjoying watching everyone else trade though!

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back